Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

The Stranger In Her Bed by Janet Chapman.
Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie
New Moon by Stephanie Meyer.
Witness in Death by J.D. Robb
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Segregation and Racism in the Romance Community
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
The Seduction of His Wife by Janet Chapman
Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern
Every Breath You Take by Judith McNaught

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Friday, February 23, 2007

Murder List by Julie Garwood


Hero: Alec Buchanan
Heroine: Regan Hamilton Madison
Category: Contemporary
Page Count: 425 pgs.
Grade: B+

Hotel heiress regan Hamilton Madison is flirting with danger. She agrees to help a journalist friend expose Dr. Lawrence Shields, a shady self-help guru who may have been responsible for the death of one of his vulnerable devotees. Hoping to find some damning evidence, Regan attends a Shields seminar, where the doctor his guests make a list of people who have hurt or angered them over the years and asks: Would your world be a better place if these people ceased to exist? Treating the exercise as a game, Regan plays along.

The experience is all but forgotten--until the first person on Regan's list turns up dead. Shock turns to horror when another name from her list surfaces as a corpse. While brutal murders seem to stalk regan's every m ove, her atteaction to the detective assigned to protect her grows. As the menace intensifies had a serial killer circles, regan must discover who has turned her private revenge fantasies into grisly reality.


I liked this book far more than I thought I was going to like it considering how much I didn't really care for the previous book which I read years ago, Killjoy. It's not that I hated Killjoy it was just that compared to Julie Garwood's historical/highlander books, her contemporaries weren't as good.

But I really got into this book, Alec was a fantabulous hero, I think he's my favorite Buchanan brother so far. You see, Regan Madison is in the hotel business. She's in the part of the business of giving money away. She's really good at what she does too, everyone loves her.

Everyone but the guy that's trying to kill her.

Alec Buchanan, who is brother to the hotties, Nick (JG's Heartbreaker) and Theo (JG's Mercy) Buchanan is a cop who is being recruited by the FBI, he finally takes the job as an FBI and his boss gets so pissed off at him that he tacks him with Bodyguard duty for the hotel heiress.

My favorite part of reading these books is watching the journey the couple go through while they fall a little bit in love with each other...bit by bit. The whole story that revolves around them forming feelings for each other, to me is just about the greatest thing. The romance in these books is just about one of the greatest things I can think of. It's why I read romance novels, to read about the journey to the happy ending.

Julie Garwood does a great job of setting up Alec and Regan's story, the way she brought these two together and the way she tells their story really had me so engrossed in the book that I zipped right through it.

I enjoyed this book a whole lot. I enjoyed Alec's sloppy sexiness, I loved his flirty confidence where Regan was concerned, I loved their first meeting, with him stinking to high heaven and her laughing at him. I loved how protective he was where she was concerned and I loved loved loved...him. He was the bomb, seriously.

Regan was a great heroine too, I really enjoyed Laurent from Heartbreaker and Michelle as well, but my favorite couple so far, is Alec and Regan...their story and them two as a couple really fit and I thoroughly enjoyed reading the entire b ook.

I loved how Regan, Sophie and Cordie met, how they became friends and stayed friends throughout each other's lives. It was really sweet.

Now, what I didn't like...I didn't like how we were left hanging about Aiden and Cordie, do they get together or not? Are we going to get their story soon or no? JG can't leave me hanging like this...seriously. Another thing I didn't like was not being able to meet Walker. After all the talk about him throughout the book, I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to meet him at all. I hope that means that Walker will soon be getting his book, gosh I really hope so.

Aside from those two things, I really liked this book and totally recommend it. It's better than Killjoy and just as great as Heartbreaker and Mercy. The mystery surrounding the story kept me guessing throughout most of the book and the story fell neatly into place which I loved. The ending was great and Alec is a sexy hero...what more could you want?

Read it, you'll like it.

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger ~ames~ said...

See, I always compared Julie's historicals and contemporaries, but that's just not fair, to either styles. And besides, the last reread I did of one of her historicals did not exactly stand the test of time. LOL

I'm glad you liked this-can't wait for your review of Shadow Dance.

February 23, 2007 at 8:42 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

This sounds good. I never did pick up any of her historicals, even after y'all pestered me to. So maybe I'll start with a contemp. Maybe even out of order. *big grin*

February 23, 2007 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger Kookie said...

Finally, something that I've actually read.

Love, love, love this book! Alec is sooooo sexy. And sweet to boot. His and Regan's chemistry was something else. Although it was a 'dark' book, their connection still came out as, well, cute. LOL!

February 27, 2007 at 6:14 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Ames,

I always do that too but I can't help it...and plus, I love her historicals, I've read them plenty of times and they have stood the test of time for me...but I wonder if I were to read them now, would I still feel the same. I'll have to do a reread of The Secret and Ransom, I haven't read those in a long while...I'll hollar at you when I do...

(((Ames))))

February 27, 2007 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Lori,

I really enjoyed this book, so I think you should totally read it. Alec was a sexy man and we should all read about sexy men. =) If you end up reading the series, the order is:

Heartbreaker
Mercy
Killjoy
Murder List
Slow Burn
Shadow Dance

It's pretty good.

February 27, 2007 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Kookie,

I know what you mean, this book is darker but their romance wasn't so much...it was so darned cute. I really liked Regan too, she was the bomb! And that Alec is straight up SEXAY!!!

February 27, 2007 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 27, 2007 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger reviewer said...

Sounds good! I have a couple of her older books in my TBR.

I have to laugh at the Hero's name. I think Alec is the most used Hero name I have ever noticed.

February 27, 2007 at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.