Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern
Every Breath You Take by Judith McNaught
Do Fat Girls Need Love Too?
Guest Blogger: Kim Howe
The Smoke Thief by Shana Abe
Your PERSONAL reading preferences
Guest Blogger Kim Howe: American Idol for Writers!
Guest Blogger Kim Howe: Living or Dead…Get in Print!
Guest Blogger: Kim Howe
Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner.

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Seduction of His Wife by Janet Chapman

He set out to seduce her for all the wrong reasons -- but found himself falling in love with her for all the right ones.
Alex Knight is dead -- or so everyone thinks. A widowed logger baron with a risk-taking streak, he took on a South American engineering project and was reported dead after a rebel attack. So when he turns up back in Maine very much alive, his grieving family is shocked. But the biggest shock is Alex's, when he discovers he's now married -- to a woman he's never met.

Sarah Banks is ready for a change from running a quiet Bed & Breakfast, and working for the Knight family offers not only a bigger opportunity, but also the family life she yearns for. So she's glad to help secure custody of Alex's orphaned children, whom she's come to love, by marrying their father by proxy before he's legally declared dead. But when Alex returns, the sexy, determined woodsman upends all of Sarah's plans. Because suddenly she's married to a passionate stranger with an easy smile...and tumbling headlong into a fiery dance of seduction.


I really really enjoyed this book! I mean really, when it was over I kept wishing I was still reading it. And not for any out of this world reason. It was just a good, funny, romantic read. I have really grown to love Janet Chapman and the way she writes. If I'm correct I think most, if not all, of her books are based in Maine. Which is where she lives. Maybe that is why they are all so real, you can feel the place and fall in love with it. Even without going overboard with descriptions, which she does not do. And she usually has kids in her books too. Sometimes this can really put a damper on a story but not a JC book. It makes them so .... warm and definitely adds some funny quirks. Also I love series and she does great ones. The Pine Creek Highlander series (must reads I loved them all): Charming the Highlander, Loving the Highlander, Wedding the Highlander, Tempting the Highlander and Only with a Highlander. Then her Puffin Harbor Series: The Seductive Impostor and The Dangerous Protector. And now this book which I don't know the name of the series yet but I know is one. So do you think I can stop raving on JC and get to the review? Well okay if you insist. lol.

Sarah Kelley has had a hard and sheltered life. She lived on a island (born and raised) and only knew the bed & breakfast her parents ran. When she is fairly young both her parents die within a few years. She falls into a loveless marriage at the age of 17 and some years later finds herself widowed. When Grady Knight comes to her B&B with his grandchildren and sons he offers her a deal she can't refuse. Soon she is moving to the woods of Main to keep house for this family with a promise of a Sporting Camp for her to run. But things turn for the worse when the Knight family thinks they lost their oldest and the father of Grady's two grandchildren. Alex is presumed dead so in order to save his grandchildren from being drug through courts and fights with their other grandparents he has Sarah married to Alex by proxy before anyone knows he's dead, and she adopts the children. Only Alex isn't really dead....imagine his surprise when after running for his life in a jungle in Brazil for over a week he comes home to find himself married! He was married once to a money hungry woman that left him and his kids, and no thank you he doesn't need a new wife. And one night of a little to much to drink and a hot dream turn Alex and Sarah into lovers the tables turn. Alex asks Sarah to give the situation some time, if they act to quickly everyone will know Grady forged the papers and he'll get into trouble. But as time passes and Alex learns that Sarah isn't the quite little mouse he thought her to be he starts to think a divorce is the last thing he wants. But as Alex tries to convince his wife to stay just that he not only has to battle her demons of her past marriage but also a mystery person or persons that are invading his mountain trying to destroy his families business.
And one of Alex's forms of seduction? He reads Sarah's romance books! And when she finds herself bedridden for a little bit he reads them to her. And they are none other than the Puffin Harbor Series by JC.

This book will have you laughing while you cheer on Alex with his seduction of his wife. And Grady's sometimes not so subtle match-making schemes. But not to worry, I might have wanted this book to go on forever but I'll get more in February. The second book in the series is coming. The Temptation of Her Love, Ethan's book. Then we have Paul the biggest flirt. And who knows maybe Tucker and Delaney will get their own stories, Alex's children. I can hope!

Oh and one of the only things I didn't like about this book? It isn't even related to the story. It was the cover. I actually really like the cover, but the mans RIGHT hand is in the picture and there's a wedding ring on it! You wear your wedding ring on the LEFT hand. HELLO! Sorry but that really bothered me.

Grade~ B+ (would have been a A but Sarah did annoy me a little at one point. But she made up for it.)

Dylan's Turn:

Hero:
Alex Knight
Heroine: Sarah Knight
Category: Contemporary
Page Count: 258 pages
Grade: A

I LOVED THIS BOOK!

This book had me all warm and fuzzy all over. I didn't want to finish reading it but couldn't help myself, I just zipped through this book like my life depended on how fast I can read this story. I swear being picky on new authors and new books in general is the way to go because the books that I've always been scared of reading because I didn't think I'd enjoy are the very same books that I've read and just absolutely fell in love with!

I wonder when my luck will run out.

I absolutely loved this book and loved the characters. I loved the setting, the storyline and I loved the Knight family.

Alex was a fanastic hero. And the way he was trying to be the best hero for Sarah totally won me over because you don't meet many guys who will willingly read a romance novel and then try to seduce his wife with the things he learned in the book.

It was so cute.

I loved Sarah, I thought she was a great heroine and she was perfect for Alex, but not just Alex. She was perfect for little Tucker and Delaney. She needed them just as much as they needed her. She loved the Knight family with all that she had and she took good care of them. It was fabulous to read about the love she had for them and the love that was returned unto her.

I loved Grady and his manipulative ways. I loved the fierce devotion he had for his sons and grandkids and I love how his heart was still big enough to love his new daughter in law, Sarah. I won't tell you guys how the storyline is, since Jazz already took care of that, but I really did like this book and I know you guys will too. Delaney was great, the whole fishing scene was too cute and I'm so glad that Delaney stuck with her "Mom"...it was so great and then Tucker's determination to see his Dad's marriage to his Mom as right and real, just stole a little piece of my heart. Gosh this was good.

Thanks to Daphne, Jazz and Grace for pimping this book to me and holy goodness, ya'll need to read this book...because there's more where this came from.

Ethan Knight, who is Alex Knight's brother gets his book next and I cannot wait for that. Jazz, Daphne, do you guys know when Ethan's book comes out? I'm so looking forward to that.

I loved the Knight brothers, Alex, Ethan and Paul. I loved the whole sense of family they had, you guys know that I'm sucker for family storylines and this one was one of them that just had me wrapped up in the story, it was just fantastic!

Read it, now!

Isabel's Take

I didn't care for it. Sarah bugged me. The story didn't really grab me. I liked how Alex were reading the romance novels together. I thought that was cute and how Alex highlighted all the love scenes. When Alex tries to teach Sarah to drive, that was funny.

Other than that, Meh.

Grade: C

Labels: , , , , ,

---------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

have u seen the cover for stranger in her bed? i swear, it's the same two people that are on this cover. LOL!

February 6, 2007 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger reviewer said...

Ethan's story is out now! It's sitting on my bedside table waiting to be read.
I really enjoyed The seduction of his wife, too.

My favourit part is when Alex is woken up by Grady after he throws water on his head. I loved that!
Oh, and how sweet everyone was when Sarah went blind for a while.

February 6, 2007 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger nath said...

Wait, can I ask something... it's going to sound like a really dumb question tho... is this book contemporary romance? Man, bang head on table, I've mistook one of Candace Camp cover for this one!

February 6, 2007 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

LMAO, Izzy...you didn't like it? I loved it!

February 6, 2007 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Nath, yes it's a contemp.

Izzy, I'M SO WITH YOU! this book BUGGED! Sarah got on my nerves real quick like! UGH!

February 6, 2007 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Nath,
Your not alone, when I first reviewed this book everyone was asking that. They all thought it was historical because of hte title. But nope it's not. It is freaking great though. So READ IT!!! lol.

I read the next book, Stranger in Her Bed, but I haven't reviewed it yet. Soon, I swear!

February 7, 2007 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Alright, where did my comment go?

Ri-dic-u-lous!

Anyway! This book sounds amazing and I love reading you guys' reviews but how about you stop telling the whole story? I know these books are superpredictable but just give me a few crumbs. I only want a taste.

February 7, 2007 at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.