Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Guest Blogger Kim Howe: American Idol for Writers!
Guest Blogger Kim Howe: Living or Dead…Get in Print!
Guest Blogger: Kim Howe
Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner.
Tagged: Some Romance Related Questions
Compromising Positions by Dara Edmondson
Every Boys Got One by Meg Cabot.
Size 14 Is Not Fat Either by Meg Cabot
Don't Look Down by Suzanne Enoch
My Fair Temptress by Christina Dood

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Your PERSONAL reading preferences

We all have them, I know I sure do, so spill! Tell me what those one or two things are that bother you soooo much you won't pick up a book if you know it's in there.

Is it a short hero?
A fat heroine?
A bald hero?

How about things that don't even have to do with appearances. Like....

A woman that has an affair?
Or
A woman that makes a choice that you wouldn't. Like Abortion?

I bring this up because it seems I've gotten myself a reputation around here. lol. I don't like reading about fat girls. Sorry. It's not that I think they don't deserve loving, I just don't want a certain image in my mind.

When I read I picture everything. So when it comes time to read about the sex I picture it, call me pervy but I do. And I don't want to picture a fat woman having sex, it is not something that appeals to me.

Am I being judgmental here? No, I am a overweight woman. I don't want to picture someone that looks like me. And I sure don't hate myself. So there it is. Is that so bad?

I have other preferences too. Like I don't like short hero's. It doesn't matter if he is still taller than a heroine cause she's really short. I won't like the book, or it will at least be a really hard sell.

If a woman or man is cheating on a spouse I won't want to read it and if I do I'll have HUGE issues with it. Even if it is with their "true love".

And I know I'm walking a thin line here with stirring shit up but I don't agree with abortion so I really will NOT read a book if I know it is going to be in it.

Personal preferences. That's what they are.

I told you mine, so go ahead...yell at me, agree with me, tell my yours but please.....also tell us who you are when you post.

Have fun with it.

Labels:

---------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger reviewer said...

Hmm, I could have written most of that post.

I don't like Heroines who are tall, fat or have short hair.

I don't like a Hero who is short, bald, or wearing glasses. He can have reading glasses, but I don't like him to wear a pair all the time.

Now, I'll read books with characters who have those characteristics, but they will annoy me the whole time I am reading.

I will not even pick up a book if I know the Heroine has an abortion. I don't care if she was 16 or 26 when she had it.

I will also skip over a book where the woman is the protector. I was given a book where the Heroine is a cop and she is protecting some business man from someone trying to kill him. That turns me off. I like the man to be the protector.

I wont read anything with a religious theme either.


Great topic!

February 2, 2007 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

My preferences, I don't really have one...I'll read damn near anything, as long as the storyline is good and I can relate or just flat out like the characters...I don't care what they look like, I usually change the details to suit me anyway...except, the music thing...for some reason, Mitch's music taste bothers me, but that's just a preference thing, not anything wrong with JM's writing cause I love it.

February 2, 2007 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What Chantal said. She's turning into Nicole....penetrating my brain and writing my awesome thoughts before I can get around to it!

February 2, 2007 at 7:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Except for the religious thing. Religious Romance books are really good. Steamy in their own way!

February 2, 2007 at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.