Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Do Fat Girls Need Love Too?
Guest Blogger: Kim Howe
The Smoke Thief by Shana Abe
Your PERSONAL reading preferences
Guest Blogger Kim Howe: American Idol for Writers!
Guest Blogger Kim Howe: Living or Dead…Get in Print!
Guest Blogger: Kim Howe
Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner.
Tagged: Some Romance Related Questions
Compromising Positions by Dara Edmondson

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Every Breath You Take by Judith McNaught


Hero: Mitchell Wyatt
Heroine: Kate Donovan
Category: Contemporary
Page Count: 485 pages
Grade: A

Unforgettable characters, sizzling romance, and riveting suspense: These are the trademarks of beloved author Judith McNaught. With millions of devoted fans and ten New York Times bestsellers to date, McNaught is a writer whose work just gets better with each new novel--and Every Breath You Take is the book readers have been waiting for. Returning to the lavish Chicago setting of her popular novel Paradise, and revisiting some of that book's characters as well, this story will captivate in inimitable Judith McNaught style.

High atop a snow-covered hill, the stately old Wyatt mansion is perched like a crown, its stone spires pointing upward, its stained glass windows glowing like colorful jewels. Such opulence means success and, surely, happiness. But on the eve of wealthy philanthropist Cecil Wyatt's eightieth birthday, all the money in the world won't bring back his missing grandson, William Wyatt. The only thing for certain: Foul play was involved.

The family, the police, the media--all have tried in vain to discover the young man's fate. Now suspicion has turned shockingly toward William's own half-brother, the rather distant and enigmatic Mitchell Wyatt.

Kate Donovan never dreamed that a chance romantic encounter on a tropical island paradise would tag her as a suspect in a high-society murder case. But after Kate tangles with the darkly charismatic Mitchell Wyatt, she finds herself cast in a shadow of guilt and mistrust. As the Chicago police tighten their net, it will take all of Kate's ingenuity to clear her name. With her calm, cool wit, and the help of a man who may or may not be a dangerous catch, Kate vows to claim the life and love she desires.


Holy wow I loved this book. I don't care about the unprotected sex, I don't even care about Mitchell's preference in music anymore, I just effing love this book. What I loved most about this book? Seeing old characters that I absolutely LOVE come back and actually have a role in the book. To see all of my old favorites back in action, with Matt and Meredith Farrell, Zack and Julie Benedict, holy goodness Zack Benedict is one of MY favorite JM men, holy goodness it was just fanfreakin'tastic to see them all again. I loved loved LOVED IT!

But it was more than that, I started off annoyed that JM's heroes were so lofty, reserved and cultured...just once I want to read about a JM hero who is normal, someone I can see falling in love with and actually having a chance with, but the further I got into the book, the less I cared about all of that stuff. JM just took all of those thoughts away with the rest of the story.

Kate and Mitchell meet on the small island of Anguilla and they have a memorable few days together and then JM busts a reminiscent storyline of Perfect by making Mitchell a suspect in the murder of his brother but then later on, he busts a Paradise and there's a long ass gap between the last time Kate and Mitchell saw each other and the time they see each other again...talk about DRAMA!

I loved it.

My most favorite part was the end...his answer to the priest at their wedding (ya'll knew they were going to get married, hello??? It IS a romance) and the phrase that he has engraved in her wedding band, gosh I loved me some Mitchell Wyatt. He was so friggin' awesome. I loved that though he was pissed to high heaven with Kate after all that time and then the events that led up to him seeing her again after all those years, to see his hatred for her melt away filled me with such tenderness for him that I just wanted to gobble him up!

And with Kate, there were times that I wanted to Daniel son karate kick her in the face but more than anything, I understood her reaction, I didn't agree with it but given the circumstances that surrounded her decisions (the first batch of decisions) I didn't really blame her. But that second batch of decisions, I was disappointed in her but when Mitchell forgave her, I did too...because of her reasons.

Oh I just loved this book to pieces...Gracie girl, if you haven't read this book, I implore you to read it because it was the hot diggity bizomb and I just KNOW that you won't be disappointed, but dude did you read this already? If you did, why didn't I know about it? Gosh this book was the bomb, LOVED IT!

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger reviewer said...

I loved it, too. Very romantic. *breathy sigh*

This has already been reviewed and you both said almost the same thing. You know what they say about great minds..

Some of the best lines I have ever read are in this book.

February 3, 2007 at 5:42 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

So did you read the pb revised version or the original hb? I read the hb and have the pb just haven't gotten to it yet.

And tell me now did you or did you not get vibes from the one cop toward the attorney??? HELLO! Am I alone here???

February 3, 2007 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Daphne said...

I still haven't read any JM contemps. Is this part of a series? Holly lent me the hb version awhile ago but she said not to read it and get the pb version.

February 3, 2007 at 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Niks, shut up. You are so retarded, I swear.

Daph, you can read the HB if you want. It's just that the PB is better. :P

February 3, 2007 at 10:21 PM  
Blogger Stacy~ said...

LOL Holly.

I have been a fan of JM for what seems like forever, and I even have this one in my TBR pile, just haven't read it yet. Now I think I should be taking the day off of work to read it. It's -9 degrees here - why leave the house?

February 5, 2007 at 3:45 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

That's what I'm saying, Stacy. Why leave if you don't have to?

It's 84 here today. I want to be laying in my hammock reading, not sitting behind my desk. *le sigh* Sucks for both of us, right?

February 5, 2007 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger Kookie said...

Hey, Dee. I LOVED the book, too! Reading old JM characters in it was the bomb. I loved the fact that Zack had a luxurious yacht named Julie...didn't he say that he was gonna get one in his book? And that Matt can finally joke about Meredith's father. That was a nice touch.

February 10, 2007 at 6:47 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Nicks, yeah you are retarded because I didn't pick up on that AT ALL and you know I would have picked up on it, so yeah it didn't exist...LOL.

Kookie,

I KNOW! I loved that Matt was finally able to joke about Mer's Dad with her and I was just so hot damn happy to see Zack Benedict again, gosh I love that man! LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM!

February 10, 2007 at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.