Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Witness in Death by J.D. Robb
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Segregation and Racism in the Romance Community
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
The Seduction of His Wife by Janet Chapman
Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern
Every Breath You Take by Judith McNaught
Do Fat Girls Need Love Too?
Guest Blogger: Kim Howe
The Smoke Thief by Shana Abe

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Friday, February 16, 2007

New Moon by Stephanie Meyer.


Hero: Edward Cullen
Heroine: Isabella Swan
Category: Paranormal, Young Adult
Page Count: 563 pages
Grade: A

For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is more dangerous than Bella ever could have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of an evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may just be beginning....

Legions of readers entranced by the New York Times bestseller Twilight are hungry for more, and they won't be disappointed by this gripping sequel. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. Passionate, riveting, and deeply moving, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.


Dylan Says

Stephanie Meyer sure knows how to write some fantabulous books because New Moon was just as great as Twilight and I was just as much in love with Edward Cullen in this book as I was in the last book. This is the second book in the series, I don't even know what the name of the series is but I am a big time fan of Stephanie Meyer now. The woman knows her way around a pen and paper. I am literally wrapped up in her world and have no want to get out. She is beyond great, she's one of the best.

Now, Edward is missing through a whole chunk of this book but I cannot say that I didn't enjoy the book anyway, I sorely missed having him there to be with Edward and I was seriously heart broken right alongside Bella but I was just so happy that Jacob was there.

Jacob.

He was such a great character, another favorite of mine in this series. I liked him in Twlight but I liked him even better in New Moon. My heart hurt for him just as much as it hurt for Bella in this book and I think that's why I love these books so much. They ripped emotion after emotion right out of me and not once was I taken out of the book. I want a happy ending for Paris, I mean Jacob. Because it was more than evident in Twilight that he had a crush on Bella, that crush blossomed into something so much more and you'd have to be deaf, blind and dumb to not see that the reason why Jacob hates Edward so much is because well, read the book...then we can discuss this book but yes, suffice it all to say that I love Jacob Black. This book was just what I needed to bring me out of my Paranormal slump, I'm more than ready to jump into the next paranormal book, because I just love me some sexy vampires.

You guys should totally read this book, I don't want to get too into the stories because for Charm, I'm trying not to give away all the dirty details of the book, just READ THIS BOOK IT WAS GREAT!

Isabel Says

I'm torn. The story was good. Once I started reading, I was hooked. Stephanie Meyer knows how to tell story. However, there are parts I'm just not happy with. Edward missing from most the of the books. The he said, she said. Bella unintentionally leading Jacob on. Yeah she told him they were just friends and Jake said he understood. But saying things like, "You're breaking up with me!?" That's isn't something you say to your friend.

Jacob. I like him before he changed. After he changed, I was little annoyed with him. I understood the animosity with the vampires. But the whole protectiveness of Bella with Alice? I found myself annoyed with Jake. Hello, she loves Edward! She's practically family with The Cullens. You knew this. Yeah I know you have a crush on Bella and this feud with The Cullens, but you knew how Bella felt about them.

So yeah, I'm torn with the book. I liked it but there are parts I'm unhappy with. I'm gonna leave this one grade less for now.

Daphne Says

This book was one emotional roller coaster for me. I was shocked that Edward left so early in the story, it almost made me not want to read anymore. Especially seeing page upon page of the months that passed by. I thought that was clever, and gave the story a dramatic effect, but boy was it depressing. The majority of the story focused on Bella's friendship with Jacob. Ah, Jacob. Poor guy, I felt so bad for him. I know Meyer's compared the trio to Romeo and Juliet, but for me I thought of Ducky from Pretty in Pink, the classic story of the guy who falls for his best friend, who happens to be in love with the school stud. Another dip in the emotional roller coaster.

My heart really goes out to Jacob, but I still love Edward more. Why? I guess it's because Edward was always presented as a vampire, and he's been loveable from the beginning. Jacob is a great friend to Bella, but I just knew he would end up being a werewolf, and I had a feeling that the transition would be difficult for him. I think Edward has the advantage of being older, not just in his human age (17 versus Jacob's 15 or 16?), but also decades of living as a vampire. Anyway, the middle was a bit harder for me to get through, only because Edward wasn't there, but I still enjoyed the story. Up until the ending, where things got intense.

I personally enjoyed the last portion of the book, only because this is where the action and suspense occurred. However, by the end I was a bit frustrated with Bella. The fact that she asked the Cullens to take a vote on her immortality was just.... lame. By the end of Twilight I felt she was a bit hasty in her decision to be a vampire. Yes, I know she loves Edward and for her there is no ifs ands of buts... however, I wish she would not dismiss Edward's points so quickly. After all, he's lived as a vampire for a hundred years, so he knows what he's talking about. Anyway, going back to my original point, even though I disagree with her, it's still her decision, so why is she putting it to a vote? Ugh, that really annoyed me. Then, when Edward proposes to her, she's instantly hesitant. That's so contradictory to me, she can choose immortality in the blink of an eye, yet she's freaked out about marriage? I'm curious to see how this all plays out in the end.

Like Twilight, I thought New Moon was very well written. However, it's definitely not as good as the first. I am giving this one a B.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

---------------------------------------------

13 Comments:

Blogger Devon said...

I loved Jacob too. I'm dying to find out what happens. I didn't expect to like this one as much as I did because I knew Edward and Bella were apart for much of the book but sigh...(trying not to spoil anyone here). Meyer can just write the hell out of a story!

February 10, 2007 at 6:13 AM  
Blogger Isabel said...

I got my book yesterday. WOO HOO!

February 10, 2007 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Devon,

You are so not even lying, when I found out that Edward wasn't in the book that much, I was so disappointed but gosh I love me some Jacob Black! *sigh* You're so right too, SM can weave a story like no other! ;)

Izzy,

READ IT NOW!

February 10, 2007 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger reviewer said...

What does it mean when a book is for young adults. How young?
Does young adult mean less sex or something?

February 16, 2007 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Marg said...

It feels as though I have been waiting forever for this book to come in at the library. At least it is on the catalogue now so there is hope!

February 16, 2007 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I love this series!!

February 17, 2007 at 1:16 AM  
Blogger Dev said...

I bought Twilight for my neice for Christmas ~ told her I wanted to borrow it when she was done. She must read like me this year ~ she hasn't hardly even cracked it open. I begged her to let me borrow it ~ she said no. (nice, huh?). I'll probably end up getting it from the library ~ can't read New Moon until I read Twilight.

February 20, 2007 at 8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't yet read New Moon, but I just finished Twilight and it took me just one day to read because I could NOT put it down. I really want to find out what happens in the next book, and from what everyone here says, it must be good. I can't wait to find out what happens between Edward and Bella! And what is this talk about Jacob being a major character in the next book????

March 13, 2007 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Devonna, you really need to read them. They're fab books.

Hi Sara, Welcome to our blog.

New Moon was an excellent read, but not what I was expecting. You really need to get it. Jacob does play a large part in this book, but I can't tell you more without spoiling it. :)

March 13, 2007 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Pauchee said...

I'm a big fan of SM. She really knows how to create a great story which will capture the heart of the people. (and I'm one of them.)
I haven't got a book of New Moon yet but I'll surely buy all the sequel. :)
I can't also wait for the movie but it is way better to read a book. :)

To the owners of this blog, two thumbs up for you guys.
Your blog put a smile on my face. It's nice to know your site.
Ciao. :)

August 26, 2008 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Hey Pauchee,

Thanks for stopping by Sanctuary's Finest, I totally agree about SM although I have been too scared to read her latest release, Breaking Dawn and I've had the book since it's release date.

Ugh.

I, too cannot wait for the movie to come out and I'm so excited that the release date for the movie was pushed up, did you know that? It comes out on the 21st of November now so woo hoo!

If you want to see what we've been up to for the past two years, you can find us over at our new blog, Book Binge. You can find us at:

http://thebookbinge.blogspot.com/

Hope you'll join us over there. =)

August 27, 2008 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Pauchee said...

Hey Rowena,

Why are you scared? Hmm... Just curious. :)

Yeah, I have heard of that. But probably the release of the movie here in our country will be late. Maybe December because I'm from the Philippines. :) I, too am really excited. Let's not miss the movie. :)

I'll visit your new blog. Thanks for the info. :)

August 28, 2008 at 7:30 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

I'm scared because I didn't like Eclipse. There was too much in that book that pissed me off that I'm kinda wary to try this new one out because I don't want to be disappointed again. I know, it's really dumb but what can I say? I can be dumb sometimes. =)

Ohhh, I see..my bad! That's cool though that SM is doing big things now, she's like worldwide, internationally famous, that'd be so cool! =)

August 28, 2008 at 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.