Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

The Seduction of His Wife by Janet Chapman
Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern
Every Breath You Take by Judith McNaught
Do Fat Girls Need Love Too?
Guest Blogger: Kim Howe
The Smoke Thief by Shana Abe
Your PERSONAL reading preferences
Guest Blogger Kim Howe: American Idol for Writers!
Guest Blogger Kim Howe: Living or Dead…Get in Print!
Guest Blogger: Kim Howe

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Isabella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Isabella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balance precariously on the point of a knife -- between desire and danger.
Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.


Oh my God. I love this book. Thanks to Mailyn and Holly who pimped it. Thanks to Jazz who bought it for me. I LOVE YOU ALL!

I love this book. I made the mistake of starting it at night after watching Top Chef. Made myself put it down so I could get some sleep. Took with me to work and got very little done. I kept reading paragraphs here and there. I seriously considered leaving work early so I could finish the book.

The story just sucked me in. It is told from Bella's point of view which I enjoyed. Not every author can make first person pov work. Kind of bugged me cause there were times I wanted to know what Edward was thinking. However according to the website, Stephanie Meyer is rewriting Twilight from Edward's point of view. It will be titled Midnight Sun. YAY!

Other then one moment, I loved Bella. When she learns Edward is vampire, it doesn't really phase her. She just asks questions about about it. Even asks if she can watch him hunt. Which shocks Edward. He tells her she should be afraid. The one moment where she does have her TSTH, I totally forgive her for though. Because I understand why she did what she did. What I also thought was cute is she's clumsy and accident prone. Poor Thing. Edward is constantly telling her to be careful.

I love Edward. I want him. I want to do a million naughty things to him over and over. Hot damn. I don't know where to even begin to describe him and do him justice. He's just wonderful. Funny, caring, concerned, tender, serious, tortured. You don't even know how tortured. The first day he meets Bella he wants her blood. He explains her blood just smelled so sweet. In the excerpt of Midnight Sun, he actually thinks of ways to kill Bella. Morbid, I know. But he controls the blood lust, he fights it. He ends up falling in love with her. At prom he tells Bella, "He called you pretty. That's practically an insult, the way you look now. You're much more than beautiful."

Edward is vampire but he's different. For instance, these vampires don't have fangs or get all fangy when they bite. (A la Angel in the Buffy series) They just have sharp teeth. They can also go out in the sun, but they try and avoid it. Edward can also read minds, but he can't read Bella's. It's very frustrating for him.

There is a sequel to the book. New Moon. However, I hear Edward is hardly in it. There is also another book to come, Eclipse. I've read on her website that this is supposed to be an on going series. Which to me kind of sucks. I do want to read more about Edward and Bella, but I don't want the series to go on and on. You know what mean? I have my HEA for Edward and Bella imagined in my mind. I afraid if I keep reading, it'll ruin it. Or I'll just get frustrated saying "WHEN WILL THEY BE TOGETHER! Also the books are being released once a year.

Read this book. It's awesome people.

Grade: A

Dylan's Turn:

Hero: Edward Cullen
Heroine: Bella Swan
Category: Paranormal
Page Count: A lot
Grade: A

This book was fantabulous!

I was hooked from the very beginning and more than a little intrigued by Edward Cullen and the rest of his family that sat at the far table and kept to themselves. The pale creatures that everyone was afraid of and yet all loved and envied because they were so damn beautiful.

I inhaled this book and am quite astonished at how fast this book became my favorite. It's my favorite book of 2007 (for me since this book didn't come out this year) and I am so hot damn eager to start New Moon, which I ran out and bought right after I finished this book. It was that good for me.

Where to start? I loved Edward. I loved how Bella got to know him, I loved how when he decided to stop running from her, how strong he became because he withheld from the temptation to kill Bella so many times because he wanted her blood that much, I loved how he wanted to hurt her just as much as he wanted to save her from himself and herself because she was a total klutz. I loved how he took care of Bella and how he loved her. I loved the way he dazzled everyone and most importantly I loved reading the excerpt from Midnight Sun on Stephanie Meyer's site where we see Bella's first day of school through Edward's eyes. Oh how I love this vampire. He is SO the bomb.

I really liked Bella too...she was the bomb DOT com. Even when she did well, read it and find out, I wasn't that mad at her.

But more importantly, I loved Edward. hehe.

This book was really good, it had a good storyline and hot damn it was addicting...make sure you guys read this book, seriously..it's the bomb.

Labels: , , , , ,

---------------------------------------------

18 Comments:

Blogger reviewer said...

I saw this at the bookstore but picked a different one instead.
You made it sound so good. I can't wait to read it now.

January 20, 2007 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger Marg said...

This book was sooo good!! I loved it when I read it. Haven't been able to get the sequel yet though!

January 20, 2007 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Sunnysmileqt said...

I own both this book and the sequel and have yet to read either...it's that growing TBR pile...lol. Well after this I must get reading!!

January 21, 2007 at 5:13 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I'm gonna read this soon. Including this I have 5 books in my immediate TBR pile. But it sounds really good.

January 21, 2007 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger Devon said...

I love this one so much. The sequel was great too, Even though from the description it doesn't sound as though it would be. I can't wait for Eclipse.

January 21, 2007 at 6:08 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

I'm working this book into my TBR Challenge, so I might read this sooner than I think...good review sweetie!

January 22, 2007 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Maria, Lover of All Things Romance said...

Wow, this book sounds really good, I'll have to go pick up a copy

February 7, 2007 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I loved this book and the sequel. Now you have to go find New Moon.

February 7, 2007 at 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

twilight was awesome. i truly loved it. Im so upset though! I cant get new moon through any of the local bookstores because apparently theres no publisher for it in Australia... Well I guess it's off to Amazon for me...

February 7, 2007 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger nath said...

I got this book as a X-mas present and I should really go read it! esp. after so many good reviews!

February 8, 2007 at 5:37 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Yes, Nath, you totally should!

Gabielle,

Welcome to our blog. Wasn't this book amazing?

February 8, 2007 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

just bought twilight tonight at borders. i'm excited.

-Daph

February 9, 2007 at 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Holly,
I check up every day coz I love the blog! I normally keep to myself but couldnt contain myself when it came to twilight. It was sooo good!

February 9, 2007 at 11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently just finished reading the book Twilight by Stephanie Meyer and I must say it was very intersting. It captivated my full attention throughout the entire book. it has become one of my new favorite books and I plan on purchasing a copy! I really do recommend reading this book. At first when my friend Ashley Royster told me that it was good I thought it would be lame, however, I was shocked to find it rather enjoyable. Also, when I finished reading it I wanted the second book right away so I demanded that Ashley hand over her copy. I plan on finishing New Moon shortly.

February 20, 2007 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Gabrielle,
I agree about Twilight. The book was amazing.

XteenXheartsX,
Welcome to our blog. Thanks for commenting. Let us know what you think of New Moon when you finish, ok?

February 21, 2007 at 4:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 28, 2007 at 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to add about this book. I'm 28 y/o and the last book I was way back in school (you know when you HAD to read for a grade) anyways my fiance finally was able to coax me into reading the Twilight Series...I can't put the books down! I give this a 2 thumbs up, a must read for everyone!

July 8, 2008 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger halline said...

your wedding rings. You can only choose a dazzling glove little black dress to have you make it. The right glove which goes little black dress well with the wedding dress can add much beauty to your wedding dress. little black dress

June 21, 2011 at 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.