Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Twisted Kingdom V. 2
Overheard by Maya Banks.
Lisa Kleypas is Visiting Sybil Today
Sisters by Danielle Steel
Breaking Point by Suzanne Brockmann
Haley's Cabin by Anne Rainey
Holly Says: Lover Revealed by JR Ward
Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward
One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
Haley's Cabin by Anne Rainey.

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Dream Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon.


Hero: Arikos
Heroine: Megeara Kafiero
Grade: B-

In the ethereal world of dreams, there are champions who fight to protect the dreamer and there are demons who prey on them...

Arik is such a predator. Condemned by the gods to live eternity without emotions, Arik can only feel when he's in the dreams of others. For thousands of years, he's drifted through the human unconscious, searching for sensation. Now he's finally found a dreamer whose vivid mind can fill his emptiness.

Dr. Megeara Kafieri watched her father ruin himself and his reputation as he searched to prove Atlantis was real. Her deathbed promise to him to salvage his reputation has now brought her to Greece where she intends to prove once and for all that the fabled island is right where her father said it was. But frustration and bad luck dog her every step. Especially the day they find a stranger floating in the sea. His is a face she's seen many times.... in her dreams.

What she doesn't know is that Arik holds more than the ancient secrets that can help her find the mythical isle of Atlantis. He has made a pact with the god Hades: In exchange for two weeks as a mortal man, he must return to Olympus with a human soul. Megeara's soul.

With a secret society out to ruin her expedition, and mysterious accidents that keep threatening her life, Megeara refuses to quit. She knows she's getting closer to Atlantis and as she does, she stumbles onto the truth of what Arik really is.

For Arik his quest is no longer simple. No human can know of a Dream-Hunter's existence. His dream of being mortal has quickly turned into his own nightmare and the only way to save himself will be to sacrifice the very thing he wanted to be human for. The only question is, will he?


This book was pretty good.

I liked Arikos, I liked getting to know the Dream Hunters, but I've got to say, I didn't like the Dream Hunters better than the Dark Hunters. For me, it's still all about the Dark Hunters but I liked reading and getting to know Arikos, Solin, D'Alerian, M'Ordant and even M'Adoc. Those cats are some interesting fellows. I'm more than a little intrigued by Solin and can only wonder if he's going to get his own book since everyone and their mother seems to be getting their own book these days. I might be persuaded to buy Solin's book should it ever become available. I also need to go back and read D'Alerian's book, he did have one, right?

Megeara, who wanted to be called, Geary (for reasons that are totally beyond me, why not Meg or Ara, but Geary? Yeah, okay...whatever rocks your socks, girl!) was actually a pretty decent heroine. Her story of trying to find Atlantis to clear her father's name and snub all of those people that laughed at her father for his pipe dream to find Atlantis and prove everyone wrong was a pretty good story.

I loved reading about all of the Gods and Goddesses. It was a little funny to read about Hades being this outrageously hunky manly God, when all I can think of is the Hades from Disney's Hercules. He was soooooo not outrageously beautiful, like the Hades of SK's world, but hey I liked that touch. It was cool. I'm hecka loving this twist on the Greek Mythology stuff, it's really good stuff.

I don't remember much about the Dream Hunters from the previous books, so I can't really say that SK messed up on some of her own rules because if she did, I didn't catch any of it in here, but....I did enjoy this book and am glad that I read it.

Would I recommend this book to others? Oh yes, this book was for sure better than Sins of the Night, so yeah....go on and read it, it was good. You'll love you some Arik, I know I did. Geary was easy to read as well, she wasn't a TSTL heroine and I'm glad for it. I loved that it was, well I can't tell you guys that without spoiling the book so if you want to know what I liked most about Geary and this story, then email me and I'll get the talkin' with you on there. I enjoyed this book, it wasn't this dramatic book that made me cry and weep and all that, it was just good stuff.

I thought I would be able to stay away from SK's DH series since I've been so annoyed with the direction she's been taking it in but I was glad that I went against what I wanted to do and read this book, it was good...really good.

Good job, SK.

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading this right now! So far I love it. I haven't kept up with the DH book, so I'm not sure what stuff are the "revelations". I'm just hella enjoying some Arik and Geary (Meg would have been better).

March 19, 2007 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger nath said...

Hi Dylan :D

I have to agree with you that the Dream Hunters series isn't better than Dark Hunters, but for me, it's all the same :P I consider them all one series, Dark-Dream-Were :P By the way, I actually liked Sins of the Night a lot :D and yeah, it's fun to see the gods and godesses :)

March 19, 2007 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger reviewer said...

I liked Sins of the night as well. It is the only Dark hunter book I have read though.

This one sounds good. I'm not sure I want to get into the series though.

March 20, 2007 at 7:27 AM  
Blogger Linda Baxter said...

I thought this one was much better than her last few books. Plus you found out more about the DH's since the book takes place in the past.

March 20, 2007 at 8:00 AM  
Blogger Kookie said...

In all honesty, I haven't tried reading an SH...I just might since I saw this boxed set of the Dark Hunter series at the bookstore. Although I'm having doubts since I'm not so sure if it'll be worth it...Advice, anyone? :o(

March 22, 2007 at 5:05 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Rene,

Hey stranger! Good to see you around here sweetie, I miss you much (like Janet Jackson said in her song, LOL) and yes I really enjoyed this book, loved SK's take on the whole Greek Pantheon, it was good to see more of them, this book did what the last few books didn't do...it made me want to read Ash's book, I haven't really cared one way or the other to read Ash's book but now....yeah I'm intrigued.

March 24, 2007 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Hey Nath,

I didn't like Sins as much as the others, compared to the other books, it just fell short for me....I'm not sure why, it just did...but it's okay that you enjoyed it, different strokes for different folks, I'm sure there are books that I love that you just don't get so it's all good in the hood.

I really really love all of the different sectors of this series but for me, my heart belongs with the Dark Hunters...this book was great though!

March 24, 2007 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Chantal,

This series started off so great but then little things happened that got on my nerves but as a whole, the series isn't bad...not at all.

March 24, 2007 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Hey Linda,

Welcome to our blog, I haven't seen you around here so welcome and please feel free to come back often...=)

I actually liked the last few books but it wasn't until AFTER I read the book that little things didn't match up for me (thanks in a large part of Holly pointing these out by the way, haha) but still I couldn't help myself when I bought this book...it's an addiction and I just can't stop buying.

March 24, 2007 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Kookie,

Read the books and make up your own mind about them, I loved the series a few years ago...you never know you might too.

March 24, 2007 at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.