Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Lisa Kleypas is Visiting Sybil Today
Sisters by Danielle Steel
Breaking Point by Suzanne Brockmann
Haley's Cabin by Anne Rainey
Holly Says: Lover Revealed by JR Ward
Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward
One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
Haley's Cabin by Anne Rainey.
Deliver Me by Farrah Rochon
The Vampire Who Loved me by Teresa Medeiros

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Overheard by Maya Banks.


Hero: Luke Forsythe
Heroine: Gracie Evans
Grade: C

Gracie Evans wants a Valentines she won't forget. Luke Forsythe plans to give her exactly what she wants.

Gracie Evans is a woman tired of the men in her life not satisfying her in bed. She's had a string of boyfriends, but none of them have come close to satisfying the vivid fantasies she has. Two weeks before Valentine's Day, she breaks up with her latest boyfriend after a night of lackluster sex.

When her good friend, Luke Forsythe, overhears her talking to their friend Shelly about what she really wants, he's stunned. And very turned on. Gracie thinks there isn't a man alive who can satisfy her in bed. Luke aims to prove her wrong.


Dude, this book is extremely hot and extremely vulgar. I may be new to this erotica business but this was some wicked hot steamy stuff.

Luke and Gracie are in the same circle of friends. They've been friends for like ever and Gracie has just broken up with her latest boyfriend, who just can't satisfy her in between the sheets, so one weekend, their circle of friends are at their friend Michelle's house for a barbeque and Gracie and Michelle are talking in the kitchen and Gracie is enlightening Michelle on what happened between her and her latest break up.

She tells Michelle, in detail what went wrong and what she wants, what she's tired of, then she goes on and tells Michelle a few of her fantasies. Luke, who was sent into the house with a pot of food for the women to do what they wanted with, overhears Gracie talking about all of this and instead of making himself known, he totally eavesdrops on their conversation and realizes that...hey, Gracie is a freaky girl, I'm a freaky guy, I can totally get down with Gracie. He hears Gracie tell Michelle that she thinks there isn't a man alive who can handle her in the bedroom, or keep up with her.

And his eyes are opened to a relationship thats been in front of him all this time. So he does what any hot blooded sexy stud would do.

He proceeds to pursue Gracie and prove to her that there are men out there who can hang with her but none of them will hold a candle to...him.

And prove her wrong, he did. Every fantasy she talked about, he brought to life and one of her fantasies was a threesome with two men.

Who does he ask to be the other man in their threesome? ANOTHER friend in their circle of friends. And he totally agrees. Now if that doesn't change the way of things in your circle of friends, I don't know what will...but these three friends, get down and dirty and while some of it was really hot, a lot of it made me hurt for Gracie. I mean, at one time, she had one in the front of her filling her with ooey gooey heaps of pleasure and then the other was in the back, and well...can you just imagine how much ramming that'd be? I'm sorry if I'm being crude or whatever but goodness, I visibly blanched at the thought because....OUCH!

Overall, this story was just one big horny love fest between two friends. There really wasn't much of a story, just a whole lot of sex and while my horndog ass can appreciate it, it really didn't do much for me.

I enjoyed Haley's Cabin a lot more than this one, but this wasn't exactly horrible...just not enough, I guess. I wanted more storyline and more character development, but it was okay.

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

24 Comments:

Blogger reviewer said...

I don't think you are cut out for this genre. I bet you don't like anal play in real life either, lol

I think I have a book from this author. Not that story though.

Love the cover!

March 14, 2007 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger reviewer said...

Oops, forgot to say that it annoys me when there is all sex, no story.

March 14, 2007 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

There is a sequel to this one called, Understood. I have read Overheard and agree with you that there was not a whole lot of story, but I still liked it. But I am also easy to please.

March 14, 2007 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

YA PERV! LOL. I like to have a little story to go along with the hot sex. I have to check this one out.

March 14, 2007 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I like a story to go with the hot sex too, but sometimes the sex is enough alone. lol. I'm such a perv, I want to read the story now! lol.

March 14, 2007 at 9:50 PM  
Blogger reviewer said...

Nah, not pervs. We just like more than boring vanilla sex.

Now though, if you got off on sex with a shifter in animal form, then I'd call you a perv, lol

March 15, 2007 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

I have this one TBR and I can't wait. I'm all anxious for the m/f/m. Yep, I'm a perv, too. ;)

March 15, 2007 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

LMAO Chantal,

You might very well be right but why can't I stop reading this stuff? As much as I don't think I'm an anal kind of girl, it doesn't stop me from reading it...I just can't stay away from these stories, horndog much? Yeah that's me...LOL.

March 15, 2007 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Kris,

Hey girl, so who's story is Understood? Cause you know I'm gonna go on over to MBAM to check it out...thanks!

March 15, 2007 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Izzy,

Perv? Me? Yeah...just call me Daphne...LMAO LMAO, love you Daph!

March 15, 2007 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Jazz,

LMAO, yeah though this story was just blah for me, the sex? HELL TO THE YEEAAHHHH! haha.

March 15, 2007 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

LMAO Chantal...I just got a visual of that one and I'm rollin' right now...haha.

March 15, 2007 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Hey Holly,

All holes are filled in this one, storyline and all...LOL...it's a real eye opener..LOL.

March 15, 2007 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

I just realized when i went to go check o nthe characters that Understood comes before Overheard. I read Understood and have not read Overheard yet. Here is the synopsis:
Jake Turner committed the ultimate mistake of falling in love with his best friend's wife. The distance he puts between them costs both him and Ellie Matthews dearly. Jake will never forgive himself for not seeing what a bastard his friend was. Now that Ellie is free from her nightmare, Jake waits, needing and wanting. He'll be there when Ellie is ready to spread her wings.

March 15, 2007 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger reviewer said...

Dylan, I love it, too! lol

You might want to try out some Lora Leigh. She has written some great 4-somes. Ass, mouth and vagina all filled at once.

P.s-Some of my best real life sexual acts were copied right out of these types of books. You learn lots of cool stuff reading these.

March 15, 2007 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Chantal,
I just finished reading LL's August Men series. Very hot...but way uncomfortable too. lol

March 15, 2007 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Kris,

Oh goodness, now that all makes sense...because in the story, I wondered if Jake had a story, is Michelle and her man's story in that book as well? And does what's his name the other friend, does he get a story too? The one that was in the threesome? Look at my nosy naughty ass...LOL...ever so curious.

Thanks for the info though, Kris!

March 15, 2007 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Chantal,

Whoa girl...so you practice all of these, you naughty wench you...hehe.

As for Lora Leigh, I have to graduate from these first before I head in that direction especially if she's keepin' it in the family, you know? Cade and Brock brothers, sharing their women? Umm yeah, I need a little time before I can wrap my mind around THAT one...LOL.

But I'll let you know when I read my first Lora Leigh.

March 15, 2007 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

So, wait...

Do I need to get Understood before I read this one?

March 15, 2007 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger reviewer said...

No, not all of them, LMAO. I have never had sex with my brothers in law, lol!!

I do admit to being a naughty wench though ;)

March 15, 2007 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Bianca D'Arc said...

You gals are too funny! This story was in an anthology with one of mine, so I was interested to read what y'all thought.

Maya writes a lot of contemporary threesomes and foursomes. She has a novel called Colters' Woman that's one of those 3 brothers and a girl stories. ;-) She also writes historicals under the name Sharon Long. Oh, and she's got a print contract with Berkley, the first book of which is coming out this September. She's a bizzy girl!

Bianca

March 17, 2007 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Hey Bianca,
I just finished Coulters' Woman. It was pretty good.

What antho was this one in? The one I bought was just a standalone. I have a bunch of your books TBR, but I haven't gotten to them yet. Soon, I promise. :)

March 19, 2007 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Bianca D'Arc said...

Hi Holly,

Overheard was a Valentine's story in the Caught By Cupid anthology. They were released separately in ebook and together in print. My part of it was called Forever Valentine. (I think Maya's previous story in her series was a Christmas release.)

I'm in the TBR pile, huh? That sorta makes me nervous. LOL. Still, I'll be interested to hear what you think when you get a chance to read it. :)

March 20, 2007 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Don't be scared, Bianca. I'll play nice. :P

March 21, 2007 at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.