Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Deliver Me by Farrah Rochon
The Vampire Who Loved me by Teresa Medeiros
Author Interview with Anne Rainey
Shadow Dance by Julie Garwood.
Slow Burn by Julie Garwood.
Murder List by Julie Garwood
The Stranger In Her Bed by Janet Chapman.
Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie
New Moon by Stephanie Meyer.
Witness in Death by J.D. Robb

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Friday, March 2, 2007

Haley's Cabin by Anne Rainey.


Hero: Jeremy Pickett
Heroine: Haley Thorne
Category: Erotic Contemporary
Page Count: 107 pages.
Grade: B+

Every good girl longs for a chance to be a little naughty.

Raw from an ugly divorce and wrung out from her demanding job, Haley Thorne needs a break. When Haley’s doctor urges her to take a vacation, she heads to her secret cabin in the woods.

The very first night, Haley dreams of an erotic threesome that leaves her panting and aroused. When sexy police detective Jeremy Pickett shows up at her door, she’s shocked: He looks like the man in her midnight fantasy! Levelheaded Haley unleashes her inner seductress and has a little fun—handcuffs and all!


A very quick and fantastic read.

I was very wary about reading this book and at the same time a bit excited because I've read Anne's blog for a while and thought her blogs are great, I've got this thing with eBooks, I either really love them or really hate them.

Anne Rainey, I really loved your story.

It was hot and sexy and thoroughly filled to the brim with juicy bits. I loved every juicy morsel of it too. It was the bomb diggity! This is actually my first erotica book and while this book would totally get me in the dog house with my parents if they ever knew that I was reading these kinds of books, I didn't care one bit!

Call me slutty and be done with it because this book was a sure winner.

The opening of the story was just fanfrickin'tastic! I've never seen myself as the naughty temptress, always seeing myself shying away from stories with this much hot and steamy sex, but dude that shit was HOT! You go girl!

Jeremy Pickett was one fine ass hero that I just loved him to gooey bits! The sexy cop thing you had going with Jeremy had me sighing and wishing he was real and right here with me. LOL. I'd gobble him right up like he was my very own Thanksgiving dinner! haha. What I loved most about Jeremy, or Jay as Haley called him was how manly he was...he seemed so real, he said and reacted the same way a real man would react, he wasn't perfect and always saying the right thing and the sweet thing....so I effing loved it!

My favorite quote in the book came from this sexy man, when he told Haley when referencing their ages..."My experience in your gain."

HEYYYYYYYYYYY!

Haley was a great heroine too, I loved how she was able to match Jeremy in the bedroom with everything he wanted to do to her. You have to be good to actually pull off the having sex with a guy you've only known for a few hours thing off and you totally did, Anne...I found the story easy to follow, your storyline was quick paced and well put together. Between all of the sex, and there was quite a bit of it (thank you very much =)!) the story still moved and progressed greatly throughout this book. It didn't dull out or anything, you kept a great pace and I'm a total fan of yours!!

You know you're good when you can write about anal sex and I wouldn't even blink. I don't think I'd be down with that or even reading about it but I read about it in your book and wasn't even fazed by it...I was all like, HEYYYYYYYY! LOL. I even counted how many times I read my most despised word EVER used in your book (it was 3 times) and still I really enjoyed your book. GOOD JOB!

So....does Brad have a book coming out? Oh goodness I hope he does! I'm all curious about the sexy doctor and Lisa...can't wait for that one, please say you're writing it!

Another thing that I have to commend you on, Anne is your spelling...I didn't catch ONE SINGLE spelling error or typo in this book, so if they're in there, they're so cleverly hidden that I didn't catch them or else I was so wrapped up in the book that I didn't even notice them. So that's another plus for you sweetie.

I think this was a great first release and I eagerly await the rest of your books sweetie...I'm a big fat fan of yours!!! =)

I totally recommend this book for all of you naughty wenches who are looking for something quick, fun and thoroughly naughty...don't expect anything extremely deep with this book, because this book is all fun and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Great job Anne!

Labels: , , , ,

---------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this review! I think I'm going to do some hunting and give this one an order! I love the energy behind your words, any author should be thrilled to get such a review!

March 2, 2007 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger reviewer said...

I like it, too.
I didn't find it that erotic though. It's a good starter book for those who are not sure if they will like this genre.

I want to read a story for Brad as well.

March 3, 2007 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Anne Rainey said...

Thanks so much, Dylan!!. It's a very scary business this writing stuff. You never know how a reader will respond and you hate to let them down. So, it's great that my first release got some high marks.

And you're so right, don't expect anything super deep here. LOL! I like to write fun characters and that's mostly what you'll find in my stories.

My biggest fear, my second release. {{{shudder}}} There's nothing worse than NOT meeting a reader's expectations.

As for the spelling. Truthfully, I had a terrific editor. Linda really did an awesome job! Having heard some horror stories about editors, I can easily say I'm grateful I got one who knows her shit. LOL

Brad and Lisa will get their own story, it'll be titled, "Watching You". However, I've got some other things in the works right now, so their story has to wait.

Hey, go check out my blog if you want to see a cover for my second release, Instructing Sarah. :-)

March 3, 2007 at 6:22 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Hey Sarah,

I read this book in one sitting and just ate it right up..and I'm like, hmmmm....there's LOTS and LOTS of sex, which had me thinking, dude what am I missing out there? LOL. I need to check some more of these books out. LOL.

You should get it, it's a quick and light read..very cute!

And HEY...long time no see, I haven't done a proper bloghop in so long I'm beginning to have withdrawals but I can't spend too much time on the blogs at work anymore, which SUCKS!

How have you been sweetie?

March 5, 2007 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Chantal,

You wouldn't consider this erotic? Please shoot some titles my way that ARE considered that so that I can check them out, I wanna know now...and I'm so ready to get another book just like this one, I really enjoyed this!

March 5, 2007 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Anne,

No worries, I had a bleeping good time reading this book, it was just perfect for a quick read so thanks so much for it! I'm already looking forward to Brad and Lisa's book so whenever you can, I'll make sure to get it and read it..you've got a fan in me!

Keep up the good work hon, seriously...I loved it!

I'm on my way over to your blog to check out Instructing Sarah...haha.

March 5, 2007 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger reviewer said...

Oh it was erotic. For sure! Just not as erotic as some of the stuff I am used to.
Still a really good read though.
I'm definitely a fan!

Some authors that I enjoy are Emma Holly, Lora Leigh, Evangeline Anderson, Tawny Taylor, Joey W. Hill, Anya Bast. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

March 5, 2007 at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.