Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Just Some Random Things.....
Where has Jazz been???
I Just Can't Get Enough!!!
End of Year Giveaway: Winners!!!
Dark Side of the Moon by Sherrilyn Kenyon.
Drop Dead Gorgeous by Linda Howard
Sanctuary's Finest's Favorite Reads of 2006.
Happy Holidays from SF! Want Free Books??
What's Your Favorite Setting For a Romance ?
Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

I Need Help!

I'm in a terrible reading slump. Horrible, even. I haven't read a new book in almost a month, and the re-reads I've been doing have been few and far between.

I recently picked up a new Iris Johansen book that I read a chapter of and put down. Same with the first book in Nora Roberts Circle trilogy. I just can't get into them. I can't get into anything.

So, I'm coming to you, lovely readers, for some book recommendations. I can't tell you what I'm in the mood for, because to be totally honest, I'm not in the mood for anything.

What have y'all been reading lately? Anything that will get me out of my slump? Something that will peak my interest?

I'm heading to Borders tomorrow to use the gift cert I got for Christmas. Can you give me something good before then? PLEASE?!?!?!

Labels: , ,

---------------------------------------------

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out Roxanne St. Clair's Bullet Catcher series. There are two out right now and a 3rd on the way in 2007. I can't think of the titles off hand, except for the third book which I really want to read called 'Take Me Tonight'.

Sandi

January 9, 2007 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Hey Sandi,

I've read them. I enjoyed them, though I didn't like the second as much as the first. Still, I'm anxious to read the third, too. :)

Thanks, though.

January 9, 2007 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

I liked the Bullet Catchers, too, and I agree, the first was better.

Holly, I just finished Jacob. Did you read it yet? It was really good. Surprised me, because I usually hate paranormals. Funny, kickass heroine. Cool, alpha guys who recognize her talents and can laugh at each other and themselves, but are inherently very serious people. I dug it.

January 9, 2007 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Just DON'T buy The Seduction of His Wife.....really don't. Trust me.

January 9, 2007 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Uh oh. That was on my list. Is it that bad, Jazz? Crud. Which of hers should be my first? Remember, I don't care if I read in order *g*

January 9, 2007 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Okay I guess I need to just be out with it! lol. Holly you'll be getting TSOHW in the mail by friday, hopefully. It is a GREAT book I just didn't want her to buy it when I already got it for her.

January 9, 2007 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Dev said...

Wish I could help. My reading mojo left me, the fickle bastard. I hope he comes back soon. If you find anything good, please be sure to share the info :-)

January 9, 2007 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Lori,

I'm going to buy it, then. I heard it was good and our tastes usually run with each other.

Zeek,

I think I might get Passions (that's the first, right?), cuz I heard it was really good. We shall see.

Jazz,
HAHAHA! That's so cool that you TRIED to surprise me. *snicker*

Dev,
Sorry babe. I'll let you know if I come up with a winner, k?

January 9, 2007 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Sorry to spoil the surprise, Jazz. But glad to hear it's a great book :)

Holly, I sure hope you like it. You should read Jen's and my review over at Don't Talk before you buy.

January 9, 2007 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger reviewer said...

Holly, LM has her paranormal historical out in a few weeks. You can read all about it here
http://www.lucymonroecotm.com/MoonAwakening.htm

I have not loved too much of what I have read lately, so I will be looking for suggestions here as well.

Today I picked up 'If only in my dreams' By Wendy Markham. I have been wanting to read a time travel regency, and this is as close as I can get. She only travels back to the 1940's.

There have way too many so-so's. I want a WOW book. I'm counting on LM to give me that with her new one.

January 9, 2007 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I find when I've hit a really bad slump, rereading an old favourite will fake it's way into getting me past a slump. Sometimes it might even take more than one old fave - but hey - it's worked for me in the past.

January 9, 2007 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Today I picked up 'If only in my dreams' By Wendy Markham.

I forgot all about this one. I had been wanting to take a look at this one, too. Love WW2 stories, and this one looked interesting and different...

January 9, 2007 at 11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Rough and Ready by Sandra Hill? That's pretty new and I enjoyed it. I was so hoping for a resolution to the secondary storyline of Pretty Boy and Britta the Big, but it turns out they are leaving us hanging and will be getting their own book.

Sandi

January 10, 2007 at 8:07 AM  
Blogger Daphne said...

holly... try the book i'm reading. it's totally cracking me up....but for different reasons. or you can wait till i'm done and i'll mail it to ya.

January 10, 2007 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Sandi,
I tried to read Sandra Hill awhile ago. uh, something Viking (that helps, right? LOL). I couldn't really get into it.

Lori,
I read your review already. I'm pretty excited for it.

Kristie(j) and Zeek,

I've been trying to do re-reads. But because my little slump has been going on so long, I've pretty much re-read all of my favorites so many times I'm about burnt out at this point. *sigh*

Chantal,
I'd forgotten that LM's book was out soon. THANKS! That one I'm excited for.

Did you read her newest Presents novel? It was good, too.

January 10, 2007 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Hmmm, so what did you decide on reading sweets?

January 16, 2007 at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.