Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Sanctuary's Finest's Favorite Reads of 2006.
Happy Holidays from SF! Want Free Books??
What's Your Favorite Setting For a Romance ?
Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas
Loving Julia by Karen Robards
Is 'I Love You' Enough?
Hot Item by Carly Phillips
Hot Number by Carly Phillips
Check it out!
Hot Stuff by Carly Phillips

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Monday, January 1, 2007

Drop Dead Gorgeous by Linda Howard

Blair Mallory has already survived one murder attempt. Now, while planning her wedding and dealing with holiday-season madness, Blair once again dodges a bullet. Or more precisely, a Buick. And though the driver’s identity remains a mystery, his or her murderous intentions are all too clear.

Or are they? After all, Blair’s homicidal ex-husband and his partner in crime/wife are safely behind bars. And even Wyatt Bloodsworth, her police detective groom-to-be, isn’t inclined to believe she’s being targeted again. All of which makes Blair wonder if her close call was simply a mishap. But the wondering stops when she narrowly cheats death again in another seemingly innocent accident. Two strikes is all it takes to convince Blair that she’s back in someone’s crosshairs. And the only thing more frightening is that Wyatt still doubts her. That means this time, no one will be watching Blair’s back when she sets out to get the drop on her would-be killer–before whoever it is finally drops her.


In the sequel to To Die For, Linda Howard once again takes us back inside the mind of Blond-Bombshell, former Cheerleader Blair Mallory.

When I first heard that To Die For was going to be written in the First Person, I was a bit nervous. I've always loved LH, but I wasn't sure she could pull it off. She did. I loved TDF. But when I heard DDG was the sequel to TDF, and was once again written from Blair's POV, I got nervous all over again. I wasn't disappointed in the least, however.

Since the plot is outlined above, I'm not going to go over it again. Blair's happy with Wyatt, she's planning her wedding and doing all that she can to bug Wyatt. Basically, same as the first book. And once again, someone is trying to kill her. Nothing new there, either.

Unlike a lot of others, I didn't find Blair annoying. I loved reading about her antics with Wyatt, her interactions with her family, and just her overall sarcastic, bubbly attitudes. Watching her and Wyatt go rounds for the top position in their relationship was hilarious. Blair's antics often had me laughing out loud.

The murder plot wasn't too hard to figure out from the reader POV, or at least not from mine. I knew who the bad guy was within a few chapters. But that didn't take away from the story at all. Reading along as Blair tries to figure it out was fun and interesting.

It was nice to revisit some characters and I enjoyed seeing Wyatt and Blair again. I also felt that their relationship was progressing along nicely, and it seemed very real. They had fights, just like all couples, and they both played dirty, which I enjoyed.

Overall the book was a very good read. On the light side, but enjoy it. I'd highly recommend both To Die For and this one.

4 out of 5

Dylan's Review:

Hero: Wyatt Bloodsworth
Heroine: Blair Malory
Category: Contemporary
Grade: B-

I'm not sure why this book was just average for me but it was. I didn't really laugh with this book as much as I did with To Die For. I mean, I enjoyed the book and thought wow it's good to see Wyatt and Blair again but I think the first book was really all I needed where these two were concerned. I think I would have enjoyed the book far better if it had been Siana's book like I originally thought. But as far as the book went. It was good, not great but good, for me anyway.

I didn't laugh like crazy until this part:

I ran over to that bitch and kicked her.

Holy crap I was rollin'...at 1 in the morning I was rollin' like it was nobody's business and everyone wasn't trying to sleep. But man, reading that little part of the book made me so glad that I read it...it is the reason I'm grading this book a B- and not a C. Gosh I loved it!

Wyatt was the same Alpha Sexy Man...he totally brought Sexy Back with his SDS but he sure did get on my hot damn nerves with his high handedness even though I knew why he did some of the things he did, it didn't stop me from wanting to club him over the head with a well, a club. But, I just chalked up my annoyance with Wyatt as him being a typical man and because he wasn't this cookie cutter, perfect hero, I loved him all the more for making boneheaded mistakes that made me want to punch him, therefore making him GREAT for me. LOL.

Blair was as always funny, but not annoying, I enjoyed this book...I just liked the other book better.

Next up, please let it be...Siana's book.

Labels: , , , ,

---------------------------------------------

15 Comments:

Blogger Rowena said...

Dude, I can't wait to get this book...I want to see Wyatt again, damn he was a hottie!

December 11, 2006 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

He was totally hot in this one, too. YUM! :)

December 11, 2006 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

So wait, this isn't Blair's sisters story, it's another Blair/Wyatt story? Interesting...

December 11, 2006 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

I stayed up until 2:30 finishing this book last night. I really liked it!

December 11, 2006 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Yes, Dee, it was another Blair/Wyatt. It was good, too. :)

December 11, 2006 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger nath said...

It's on my TBR pile... really have to get reading it, but I'm afraid... didn't like the first one that much :P (weird taste, I know)

December 11, 2006 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Oh goody. Another one who loved this one! I love Blair. I know a lot of people find her annoying, but I think she is just full of self-confidence and I ask you - what is the matter with that. But it was also nice to see a vulnerable side of her when Wyatt went off on her. While I could kind of see his point, it was still interesting to see she wasn't quite as sure of him as we thought she was.

December 11, 2006 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

And I forgot to mention how much I liked that the hotness factor in this one was upped quite a bit!!!!

December 11, 2006 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Nath, a lot of people didn't like the first book, or found Blair annoying, but I loved it. You might not like this one, either, if you didn't care for the first.

Kristie,
I forgot to mention the hot factor in my review, but you're absolutely correct. I was disappointed in TDF because of the lack of...warm scenes, and I was glad that LH went back to it some in this one.

December 11, 2006 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Then I'm all about it, I have this book so as soon as I'm done with the Hot series, I'm all over this one.

December 12, 2006 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger Kookie said...

I can't wait to read this book...it'd be cool to read about Blair and Wyatt again!

December 12, 2006 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger CindyS said...

Okay, that's two positives and a hot rating. I really need to just sit down and read this book. So far it has done much of my Christmas shopping with me - poor thing keeps waiting for me to be somewhere for more than five minutes (so far reading has been confined to drive-thrus)

CindyS

December 13, 2006 at 4:10 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Ugh...I said I was going to read this one next, huh? But then I got that shipment of books and decided to read Where Dreams Begin instead, my bad...this book is next I swear!

December 21, 2006 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

I loved this book, I think that Blair is hilarious, she cracks me up. I loved the fact that it was the same hero and heroine, so we could see their development more instead of the next book in the series being a different couple. Though I am looking forward to the next book with Blair's sis.

January 2, 2007 at 4:12 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Yeah I thought Blair was funny but for some reason I liked her better in the first book...I want to read more about Siana, I want her to get her happy ending.

Blair and Wyatt were great though.

January 2, 2007 at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.