Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Loving Julia by Karen Robards
Is 'I Love You' Enough?
Hot Item by Carly Phillips
Hot Number by Carly Phillips
Check it out!
Hot Stuff by Carly Phillips
Beyond Seduction by Emma Holly
A Holiday Giveaway!!!
We Moved!!
A Matter of Temptation by Lorraine Heath

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas

Zachary Bronson has built an empire of wealth and power—now he needed a wife to help secure his position in society...and warm his bed in private. But not just any woman will do for a man whom all of London knows is not a gentleman. Then he unexpectedly swept Lady Holly Taylor into his arms for an unasked for—but very alluring—kiss, and suddenly he knew he had found a woman whose fierce passions matched his own.
Lady Holly Taylor was beautiful, generous, and, as a widow, destined to spend her life playing by society's rules, even when they went against her bolder instincts. But Zachary's kiss had aroused her, and though the shocking offer he made didn't include marriage, she was compelled to risk everything and follow him to the place where dreams begin.


A reread. I loved it. I forgot how much I love Zack! Here we have man who had to fight for everything he's got. The only thing he wants more than anything, is Holly. Holly was married to George who was perfect gentleman in every way. After 3 years, she still wears the half mourning clothes. She still loves her late husband, but it unsure of what she's supposed to do in life with him.

Zack offers Holly a position in his household to teach him, his mother and sister manners. Since he has become extremely wealthy, he wants to show the ton he's somewhat of a gentleman. While teaching Zack to become a gentleman, Holly starts feeling things she never felt before. But feels guilty for betraying George's memory.

My favorite quote is from Zack:

"I've had to fight for everything I've ever gotten. But I won't fight for you. You'll come to me because you want me. I'll be damned if I'll bully or beg you to have me."

Holly, leaves the house and returns to George's family. It's then she realizes she loves Zack.

Love this book. Love it. Grade: A

Labels: , , , ,

---------------------------------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Marg said...

This year I have read 13 LK books, not having read her at all before, but this hasn't been one of them! Maybe I can squeeze it in before the end of the year because it definitely sounds good!

December 23, 2006 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger Chantal said...

Sounds like a great read. I hope to pick it up soon!

December 23, 2006 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger Stacy~ said...

This is my all-time favorite LK book. I loved Derek, and Logan, but Zack is my guy. And Holly is a wonderful heroine. I'm glad you liked it :)

December 23, 2006 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I love this book! It's sooo good! Holly got on my hot damn nerves, too, but shoot, I loved Zach so much I didn't care. LOL

Glad you liked it Dee. :)

December 25, 2006 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Yup - Zach is a yummers all right. Even though some people don't like Holly, I do like that she had a happy marriage. I hate it when there is so much cliched unhappy first marriage stuff.

December 28, 2006 at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.