Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas
Loving Julia by Karen Robards
Is 'I Love You' Enough?
Hot Item by Carly Phillips
Hot Number by Carly Phillips
Check it out!
Hot Stuff by Carly Phillips
Beyond Seduction by Emma Holly
A Holiday Giveaway!!!
We Moved!!

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What's Your Favorite Setting For a Romance ?


First of all, we here at Sanctuary's Finest would like to send a big thank you to all of you who have participated in our mini poll which is located on the right sidebar under our quote of the week.

A mini poll is a great and easy way to find out what our readers like, what they're reading and who their favorite characters are...it's fantastically wonderful! =) So we decided to have a bi weekly mini poll to get to know our readers better and well, just because we're nosy and we just wanna know...alright? And yeah, I know that our mini poll has been up all month long, but well, I just finally got around to doing this post so just deal with it, alright? Sorry about that...I'll get better with this, I swear.

A few weeks ago, we put up the poll and here are the results:

What is Your Favorite Setting for a Romance?
  • 55% for The Highlands
  • 21% for The London Ton
  • 9% for Modern Day Contemporaries
  • 12% for Modern Day Paranormals
  • 3% for Westerns
According to our little poll, the fan favorite is The Highlands setting...so I thought I'd expound a little more on this particular subject and ask a few more questions to add to the little Highland Setting Poll...
  • Why do you guys like the highland setting so much? Does the coldness of the climate appeal to you or is it the sexy Highland Lairds that do it for you? Why do you like The Highlands better than say, England or America or even Ireland, what is it about Scotland that wraps you right up into the story?
  • Who's your favorite Highlander Hero?
  • Which author, in your opinion writes the best Highland stories?
  • Which book is your favorite Highland story?
  • Is there anything about the Highlands that you don't like? What?
Come tell ladies, inquiring minds want to know...

Labels: ,

---------------------------------------------

13 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

I voted for the London Ton.
Can't say that I have read that many Highland setting books. I can only think of one.

December 27, 2006 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't remember the names of all of the books that I have read that are based in the Highlands but I do know that Julie Garwood is a badass. I voted for the London Ton but the Highland books are awesome because its so interesting to see how the clans were run and the almost barbaric (for lack of better word) way the men were viewed. I still need to get all of my books unpacked!! *sigh*

December 28, 2006 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger sybil said...

Off topic but what is with the popups?

Is that you guys or is blogger punishing me for leaving them?

December 28, 2006 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Hey Syb!

I think it's blogger. I asked Dylan about it and that's what she said. I might have to write them another letter.

Chantal,

I prefer the Highland books myself. I just really don't care for the London Ton books anymore. I think I OD'd on them.

Hey Charm School,

I'm SO with you on JG. She's great at putting together a good story.

December 29, 2006 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Hey Syb,

Nope, the pop ups are actually from bravenet, I haven't figured out how to get rid of those things but until I do, they're going to plague us...sorry about that! =)

December 29, 2006 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger sybil said...

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that would be why they are popping up at kristie's place too. Sorry that sucks.

December 30, 2006 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

# Who's your favorite Highlander Hero? Probably Dageus MacKeltar
# Which author, in your opinion writes the best Highland stories? Karen Marie Moning
# Which book is your favorite Highland story? Kiss of the Highlander by KMM
# Is there anything about the Highlands that you don't like? What? Sometimes when I'm reading the accents it slows me down!

December 30, 2006 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger reviewer said...

Daphne, Dageus' story is one that I have read. I plan to buy more from that series as soon as the boxing day shoppers go home. (I can't stand shopping with a bunch of strangers around me. I don't really like other people. I always get snotty with them when they get in my way lol)

December 31, 2006 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Stacy~ said...

Happy New Year ladies!

December 31, 2006 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Happy new year everyone!

Chantal ~ did you read the series out of order? hehe. I'm not really anal about that but I just thought you'd want to know the order of the series in case you already don't know:

Beyond the Highland Mist
To Tame a Highland Warrior
The Highlander's Touch
Kiss of the Highlander
The Dark Highlander
The Immortal Highlander
Spell of the Highlander

December 31, 2006 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Okay I'm here to answer these questions...Daphne, I do love you sweets! haha...

# Why do you guys like the highland setting so much? Does the coldness of the climate appeal to you or is it the sexy Highland Lairds that do it for you? Why do you like The Highlands better than say, England or America or even Ireland, what is it about Scotland that wraps you right up into the story?

I love the whole setting with the rolling lush green hills, the dominant sexy men with the thick Scottish brogue, I also love the fierceness with which they loved their women, they fierceness with which they showed their loyalty and just how manly the men are...I love it!

# Who's your favorite Highlander Hero?

This one is easy...Dageus MacKeltar and then his ancestor, Cian MacKeltar...those MacKeltar men are dead sexy and oh so smart, a winning combination for me!

# Which author, in your opinion writes the best Highland stories?

I enjoy all Highlander stories but my favorites are written by Julie Garwood and Karen Marie Moning.

# Which book is your favorite Highland story?

The Dark Highlander, Spell of the Highlander and The Wedding by Julie Garwood.

# Is there anything about the Highlands that you don't like? What?

Hmmm, not really...I love those suckers to death!

January 1, 2007 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Happy New Years everyone!

Chantal, let us know how you liked KMM's stories, it's a favorite amongst us here at SF, so we'd love to read your take on this series...lots and lots of hot men, that's for sure! And then of course, we'd LOVE to see if you're a Drustan or a Dageus girl...=)

January 1, 2007 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Chantal said...

Out of those, I have only read Dageus' story. I did like Drustan when he made his appearance in it though. They both set off so much sex appeal, I'd like to keep them both please. Hehe.

Thanks for the book list. I do like to read in order. At the time I picked up the book I didn't know it was a series. I just thought the cover was hot.

January 1, 2007 at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.