Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot.
A Letter To Romance Authors
Red Lily by Nora Roberts.
Demon Angel by Meljean Brook
A Summer to Remember and The Slightly Sereis by Ma...
Black Rose by Nora Roberts...
Never a Lady by Jacquie D'Alessandro
I Won! Woot!!!
I'm soooo excited!!!
I Need Help!

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Heiress for Hire by Erin McCarthy

Hero: Danny Tucker
Heroine: Amanda Delmar
Category: Contemporary, Paranormal
Page Count: 300 pages
Grade: B+

Chicago socialite Amanda Delmar thought spending the summer in Cuttersville-Ohio's most haunted town-would be a hoot, until dearold-Dad cut her off. Now Amanda has to do the unthinkable and get... A JOB. Her attempts at joining the job market would crack up farmer Danny Tucker, if he weren't so turned on by the skinny, bronzed blonde. Hiring Amanda to babysit his baby girl may not be the smartest thing Danny has ever done. But seeing how she and her couture-clad poodle bring a smile to his shy daughter's face makes it all worthwhile. Now all Danny has to figure out is how to keep Amanda at arm's length, when she has already wriggled her way into his heart.

I don't really know if this is paranormal, but I listed it as such cause there was a tinnie bit of ghost stuff in it. Oh and one more thing before the review, THIS BOOK WAS THE SECOND IN A SERIES AND I DIDN'T KNOW TILL AFTER I WAS FINISHED!!! Kay, 'nuff said, you know how I feel about that.

Sooo.....I really liked this book. Amanda is a very rich, very spoiled, very self absorbed girl that is about to learn a quick lesson of the value of a budget.

Bored out of her mind with her normal life of clubs, shopping and partying in Chicago Amanda decides to follow Boston (who I had no idea who he was, and that's cause his book was BEFORE this book!) to this tiny town called Cuttersville. She rented out a supposedly haunted house for the summer and settled in to be entertained by the small town people. All is going according to plan until she calls her daddy for $200, a girls gotta have a mani, and not everyone takes a credit card in this town, and gets cut off! Tough love is what he's calling it. He says that the $2,000 he gave her last week should hold her over till she can get a job. Little does he know she's already spent it on a must have purse and other necessities.

Danny has always wanted nothing but a family of his own. He's been married and divorced so it's not looking to bright for him. And the attraction he feels towards Amanda is definitely not what he wants, she'll be leaving at the end of the summer and he's looking for long term. What could he possibly offer to a girl that has everything? When his 8 year old daughter that he's never even known about gets dumped on him it just adds one more reason why Amanda is not for him.

Danny is heart broken about having a daughter all this time and never knowing about her, especially since it seems she's been very neglected. As fast as he can he tries to recruit help from his ex wife to shop for his new found daughter and ends up with Amanda. Don't ask how, read the book. lol.

Piper takes to Amanda right away. She's obviously having issues believing Danny won't be abandoning her so if Amanda is the one she wants to stay with when he's working that's who he'll get for his daughter.

It works out for Amanda too. She needs a job badly, and even though she knows she could beg for money to get home and talk to her dad she has some pride and she's making some changes in her life. So if watching Piper, a little girl she's fond of, and getting to watch her hunky dad too is what she has to do for money she's in.

Watching the chemistry grow between Danny and Amanda is great, and seeing Amanda realize there is so much more to herself than the superficial. She definitely grows as a person right in front of us as we read. They are so cute and both bring their share of issues to the table. Danny and Piper and Amanda and Piper is another story all together...OMG I was actually crying at parts. This book isn't very deep, but I wouldn't call it fluff either.

It's a keeper and I definitely suggest all read it. But first go get A Date With The Other Side, the FIRST book!

Oh and it didn't get an A cause Danny was only 26. While I don't mind a heroine that young I like my hero's a little older.

Labels: , ,

---------------------------------------------

11 Comments:

Blogger reviewer said...

I like the cover for this book.
Great review. It sounds like something I'd like to read.

January 22, 2007 at 5:54 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Yeah, I like the cover too. It's cutsie, lol. Hurry and read it cause I want to read someone elses review on it.

January 22, 2007 at 6:16 AM  
Blogger Sunnysmileqt said...

I've look at this book a couple of times at the bookstore. Glad to know that its part of a series - I'd have been mighty annoyed to find out I read it out of order...lol. I think I'll definitely have to pick it up and give it a try :)

January 22, 2007 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

So you really liked the book but you didn't give it an A because the hero was too young? LOL, only you Nicks...only you!

This does sound like something I'd like to read...in another 6 months.

January 22, 2007 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

It's a great book, Em and Dee. I'm sure you'll both love it. I did.

And I'd have given this an A. The hero didn't act all young. Freakin Niks.

January 22, 2007 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad he isn't old....I was kinda creeped out because you can tell Amanda is young so I was getting dirty old man vibes!!

Can't wait to read it!

January 22, 2007 at 12:15 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

I liked this one, too. And, Danny comes across as much older than 26, so no fair discriminating against him for his age! Erin NcCarthy is awesome, no doubt about it!

January 22, 2007 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger nath said...

Great review! It really sounds interesting :) Hmmm, 26... that's pretty young for the hero. and I agree with you, I usually like my hero older than the heroine as well.

January 22, 2007 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Oh, the hero IS older than the heroine, he's just not TONS older.

January 22, 2007 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

He's ONE year older! Woopidido! lol. And your all right he acted alot older. I thought he was alot older, well I thought he was like 33 at least or something. But nope 26 to Amanda's 25. And I didnt' even find out till almost the very end of the book. It wasn't a huge deal. I just think that's kinda young.

January 23, 2007 at 6:18 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

I tried looking for this book at the bookstore last night but they didn't have it..I'll try again some other time to look for it.

January 31, 2007 at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.