Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Heiress for Hire by Erin McCarthy
Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot.
A Letter To Romance Authors
Red Lily by Nora Roberts.
Demon Angel by Meljean Brook
A Summer to Remember and The Slightly Sereis by Ma...
Black Rose by Nora Roberts...
Never a Lady by Jacquie D'Alessandro
I Won! Woot!!!
I'm soooo excited!!!

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Dream Man by Kelley Vitollo

Hero: David
Heroine: Sadie
Category: Contemporary
Page Count: 10 pages
Grade: C

Sadie has the same dream every night. She dreams of a man with black hair, gorgeous blue eyes, and magical hands. When dream becomes reality and she comes face to face with her dream man, will he be everything she imagined, and more?

Okay I know it's been FOREVER since we've done Kelley's interview here at Sanctuary's Finest and honestly ... I have no idea how this review got pushed to the back. But never the less here it is.

As we know this is Kelley's first published piece of work. So I'm going to break this down into two parts. Writing style and the story itself.

Writing style? I really liked! There weren't many, if any errors in the writing. It wasn't choppy at all, I would not have thought it was a first time author by the writing style at all. Even the flow was good. Now when I say that it doesn't mean I liked the pace of the story in which things happened. BUT I did like the way her words flowed. How her story flowed without seeming jumpy at all. I also liked the descriptions she used. Well for the most part, lol, of course we always have an issue or two here at SF right? So I'll tell you at one point David said that he loved her flavor, or he'd never tire of her flavor? Something but the fact is he said flavor, yuck! lol. Not a choice word of mine.

Okay now the story? A little unbelievable...BUT I think that the story could have been great. I don't really understand why it was so short. It seemed like we got the middle of the story and the rushed version of it. I would have loved to see more of who Sadie was and shared some of her dreams before we were even introduced to David. Then the part that was the story we got should have been stretched a little longer, then I think we could have had quite a bit afterwards. It wasn't the writing style that was fast it was just what actually happened in the few short pages we got was extremely rushed. This story could have been stretched to at least 50 pages. Minimum. But 11? Why would you even do that?

I think Dream Man has great potential and I personally hope Kelley picks it up again at a later date and expands on it cause I'd be very interested in reading a whole lot more of it.

Very good writing though. And I do look forward to more by Kelley in the future. Hopefully something a lot longer. She's got talent.

Dylan's Review:

Hero:
David ??
Heroine: Sadie Roberts
Category: Contemporary, Paranormal??
Page Count: 10 pages
Grade: D

This story was much too short for my liking. It took me just under 10 minutes to read the entire story and I felt like it wasn't enough time and enough story. I agree with Nicole that it had the potential to be a great book but the character development was non existent and the storyline was totally unbelievable and just, well, to be honest, corny.

Everything happened much too fast and one minute they're meeting for the very first time and the next thing, they're in love and just getting to each other's names? I just can't fathom it...if there had been a little chemistry between the two main characters in the two minutes that they were meeting each other and then falling into bed with each other than maybe I would have been a little more keen on believing the whole I love you thing but there was just not enough time in the entire book to cover any bases so I really didn't believe it, at all.

Am I going to give up on Kelley? Oh no, I think that Kelley has great potential as an author and I'm very much looking forward to reading more of her stuff but this book was much too short to even be considered a story but more as a beginning of a story with all of the good juicy bits cut out from the middle.

Labels: , , , ,

---------------------------------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger reviewer said...

The only thing keeping me from it is the fact that it's a (very) short story.
Everytime I read one I am left saying 'thats it? What about this, that and the other?'

January 23, 2007 at 6:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought the ten pages was a typo at first! Short stories kill me. I'm reading a book of Short Story romances but for the most part they are at least 50 pages long so its not that bad.

Is the author planning on developing this story into anything longer?

January 23, 2007 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Chantal: Yeah, this book was soooo short, I think that if it was longer and had more background on both of the characters, it would have been a great story, but it was just too short. Not enough juice for me!

Charm Nope, there were literally only 10 pages of story, the rest is the cover and then the dedication and you know stuff like that, but the actual story is only 10 pages, the storyline holds promise though...I just wanted more. I'm not giving up on Kelley, but I just want more, is all.

January 25, 2007 at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.