Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Redux: Colleen Gleason is Guest Blogging
Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons ~ Contest: And The Winn...
Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons on Fate
Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons W/ Special Guest Andy Do...
Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons ~ CONTEST!!!!!!!
Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons w/ Special Guest Andy Do...
Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons
We Have Guest Bloggers Today!
Ninth Key by Meg Cabot.
Shadowland by Meg Cabot.

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Nerd? Me?

It's true, I'm a nerd. And I have to tell you, in true nerd fashion I'm seriously annoyed right now. Why? Because for almost 2 weeks I've been trying to read Demon Moon by Meljean Brook. I was lucky enough to win an ARC from Sybil's blog and Meljean emailed me ages ago with a download of it.

I was kind of on the fence about starting it, because I've been in a paranormal funk lately and this just didn't appeal. But so far? I LOVE IT! LLOOOOVEEE IITTT!

The problem? I haven't had time to read lately. We're in the process of painting MM's house, and I have 2 small kids, and we had Easter and family obligations and, well, the list goes on and on. I want to read. I don't want to deal with pesky things like breakfast for my children and laundry and painting. Ugh.

What Be Your Nerd Type?
Your Result: Literature Nerd
 

Does sitting by a nice cozy fire, with a cup of hot tea/chocolate, and a book you can read for hours even when your eyes grow red and dry and you look sort of scary sitting there with your insomniac appearance? Then you fit this category perfectly! You love the power of the written word and it's eloquence; and you may like to read/write poetry or novels. You contribute to the smart people of today's society, however you can probably be overly-critical of works.

It's okay. I understand.

Social Nerd
 
Gamer/Computer Nerd
 
Science/Math Nerd
 
Musician
 
Drama Nerd
 
Artistic Nerd
 
Anime Nerd
 
What Be Your Nerd Type?
Quizzes for MySpace


What about the rest of you? Are you nerds just like me? Ever feel like screaming, "GO AWAY I HAVE TO FINISH THIS BOOK!!!!"?

Labels: ,

---------------------------------------------

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mike knows not to bother me when I'm reading unless its a dire emergency and Travis will ask me "Mommy will you "blah blah" when you're done with your chapter?" haha

April 19, 2007 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Stacy~ said...

OMG yes, all the time. There are days I wish I could stay home from work so I could finish a book, or tell my girlfriends that we can go out drinking another night LOL. It's really quite sad, now that I think about it....

April 19, 2007 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

All the time!! LOL

I'm a lit nerd too.

And why do some people think it's ok to interrupt me when they can obviously see me reading a book? And then they ask, "What are you reading?" Look at the cover, figure it out. sheesh.

haha

April 19, 2007 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, I'm going to hit either Lit nerd or anime nerd :P so why bother taking the test? (and the multiple choices are so obvious to which category they're pointing)...

Holly, make them all go away!!! I want you to finish reading the book and want you to review it!!! Can't wait for the book to come out!

April 20, 2007 at 6:30 AM  
Blogger Devon said...

Oh yes, that's me. Unfortunately, I haven't read a book that made me do that in awhile.

April 20, 2007 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger CindyS said...

I have burnt dinner while reading a book and wasn't overly sorry about it - hey, that's why there are fast food restaurants.

I want to sit and read the book I have right now but tomorrow is going to be a Bob and Cindy day so no reading for me. *sigh* Although I have missed my Bobby time so it's all good.

I did think test and I'll probably post it on my blog - at least I'm not the only Anime Nerd around ;)

CindyS

April 21, 2007 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger meljean brook said...

I do feel like this at times when I'm reading a book -- but more often lately trying to write one. "Agh! Go away! Lemme finish!!" ... yeah. *grin*

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

April 22, 2007 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Yup, lit nerd here, too. ALthough I'm a fairly well rounded nerd LOL. I scored high on the math/science and musician nerd charts, too.

April 22, 2007 at 11:17 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I FINALLY finished it! I had to stay up until 2 this morning, but it's done! YAY!

It was great, too.

Look for a review...sometime. :)

April 23, 2007 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Didn't take the test but totally identified with the

"GO AWAY I HAVE TO FINISH THIS BOOK!!!!"?

I had to laugh because there have been times when I've been shouting in my had "SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP! LET ME FINISH THIS LAST CHAPTER PLEASE!"

For some reason once I'm near the end of a book the men in my life feel free to interrupt at will. Drives me nuts.

April 24, 2007 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

HEAD...I've been shouting in my head not had.

April 24, 2007 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Ugh. Same for me, Rosie. Why do they feel the need to interrupt while I'm at the end. You would think they'd have learned by now, but nooooo.

April 24, 2007 at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.