Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

We Have Guest Bloggers Today!
Ninth Key by Meg Cabot.
Shadowland by Meg Cabot.
Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons
Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
What Have You Read?
PS. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
Into the Storm by Suzanne Brockmann.
Don't Look Now, But They're Out To Get You
April's Hero of the Month: Edward Cullen.

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Monday, April 16, 2007

Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons

Most days run pretty smoothly around here. I rise bright and shinny at noon. My servant brings me a gilded tray bearing a steaming cappuccino, scones, and my morning paper. The nanny has Jesse fed, dressed, and in a wonderful mood. I languish in bed for an hour or so, thinking up some juicy plot-twist I’ll get to writing in between my manicure, massage, and hair appointments. After I write a bit, it’s usually off to some fancy boutique to shop for some cute clothes. Once back home, I take back to the computer where I spend the rest of my day lost in a world of vampires, demons, and demi-gods.

Well, the last part is true. The rest? Not so much.

I’m usually awakened at six (as in a.m. Blah) by a toddler yelling, “all done! Inside, Nae. Eat now.” In case you don’t speak “toddler” that’s “I’m all done sleeping. So are you, Mommy, so get your lazy butt out of bed and fix me some breakfast. Now!” And so, I drag myself out of bed, shuffle to the bathroom - where I contemplate flushing myself down the toilet. As I impatiently await my coffee to perk (is it me, or does it seem to take forever to make at that ungodly hour of the morning?) I make pancakes for my daughter, who by now is bouncing off the walls. I sit with her while she eats (no, I don’t do breakfast. Just the idea of food that early turns my stomach) wondering if there’s some law that prevents me from crawling back to bed, leaving her with the run of the house. (What? Don’t look at me like that! You’ve all thought the same thing too.)

By the time I get to the computer I already have a headache.

Throughout the day I try to get in as much work as possible without it getting in the way of my time with Jesse. I think I (sort of) have a nice schedule worked out. I’m sure when she’s older Jesse will be on some shrink’s couch talking about how I was a neglectful mom while she was growing up. And I’m sure I’ll think she’s lost her mind considering how hard I work to make time for both her and the writing.


Come the night, I work. And I mean work. I write until my fingers ache and my eyes feel as if they’re going to explode. I write until my head hurts so much I damn near have tears in my eyes. Most of what I write I keep. Some, come the next morning, I’ll trash and wonder what the hell I was thinking the before night. But always, I love what I’m doing. I’ve waited over thirty years to be at this point and never once have I forgotten I’m living my dream.

So although my life isn’t exactly calm, orderly, and luxuriant, it’s more than I could have ever hoped for. This is one hell of a ride I’m on. Thankfully, I have fantastic readers, a great family, and amazing friends to share it with.

- Rene Lyons

www.renelyons.net

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger Stella Price said...

hey hey lady! just stopping by on my break from the promo... Look how hot you look in your tease shirt.. lol!

Enjoy the time with andy!

S

April 16, 2007 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

I was afraid of the dark and of big dogs.

April 16, 2007 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Suzette said...

Just wait till Jesse is older and you leave her cereal in a bowl and a glass of milk in the fridge so she can pour it herself and you can sleep a few more minutes....what? Ya'll didnt do that? Shoot, I did! LOL

Dont flush yourself down the toilet. I need the next book.....lol

April 16, 2007 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Devon said...

I really admire you. I can't even imagine fitting in writing along with the chasing tiny lunatics in this place. They barely let me write a coherent comment! I think they might be setting the house on fire as I type!

April 16, 2007 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Hey Suzette,
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :P

My kids are old enough now that I can says, "Cereal, cupboard. Milk, fridge" and then roll over and pull the pillow over my head.

April 16, 2007 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

LOL Rene-if only life were like that first bit, eh?

And oh man, I wish my momma made me pancakes! :P

April 16, 2007 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

I wish my life was like the first part of your post sweetie, damn I wish...!

You are such a cutie in these pictures sweetie and heck yeah you have the best readers, I mean, hello? I'm one of your readers! =) =)

April 16, 2007 at 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.