Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Hot Ticket by Various Authors.
The Rest Falls Away by Collen Gleason
Some Input Please
Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Night Secrets by Kat Martin
Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
I've Butchered Butch's Sex Appeal for my Friends
Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas.
The Kitten Club by Dara Edmondson

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

April's Hero of the Month: Edward Cullen.

This is a couple of days late but it's all good, better late then never, right? It's been quite a while since I've put up a new Hero of the Week and really its because I don't have as much time to blog as I did before and so because I so missed having our Hero of the Week posts, I have decided on not nixing the whole idea permanently, but making it easier on myself to do a Hero of the Month, instead of a Hero of the Week...that way, we all get what we want and I get more work done at work. LOL.



So with that said, this month we're kicking off our Hero of the Month with one of the heroes that became an instant hit in the Young Adult world. And an instant I WANT HIM IN MY BED EVEN THOUGH HE'S LIKE 17 FOR THE 200TH TIME for me.

Yeah, he's that good.

Edward Cullen of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight fame is definitely one of those heroes that you'd fight your best friend for.

I'm totally ready and willing to square up with both Izzy and Holly to lay claim to this hunk of juicy goodness.

Why do we all love him so? Let me count the ways....

When we first meet, Edward Cullen, he's got this intense disklike for the book's heroine, Bella Swan and we're all dying to find out why. You can feel just how intensely he feels and just how passionate a person he is by reading the first few scenes with him in it.

That scene where Bella walks into the cafeteria and her gaze drifts over to the mysterious bunch in the corner? The pale skinned group that keep to themselves and are just about the prettiest group of people she'd ever seen in her life...and then just Edward's reaction to her nearness sets off all kinds of warning bells in your head, wondering what's going through his mind to cause such intense feelings toward someone he doesn't even know.

And then trying to catch those glimpses of Edward throughout the rest of the book, loving when his presence is made known on the pages and has you just gobbling up the pages for more of...Edward's greatness. There are so many quotes and so many scenes that showcase all of Edward's swoonworthiness but you'll have to read the books in order to see for yourself, I will tease you guys with this little tid bit...

"You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever."

"You are my life now" he answered simply.


When he said that, my heart about melted right out of my insides and settled in a puddle right around my ankles. It was good...really good.

But that's only part of why we love him so much, we love how he was a constant champion to Bella. Bella was always finding herself in situations where she was either fainting, almost getting run over by another schoolmate and getting lost in a darkened neighborhood and it was just so sweet how Edward was always there, listening and waiting in the cut to be her Knight in Shining Armor.

He knew that it wasn't wise to develop any kind of lasting feelings for Bella and yet he couldn't help himself anymore than she could help herself when she fell like a rock for him. I couldn't help falling in love with him. There are plenty of scenes from both Twilight and New Moon (okay not so many scenes from New Moon since he wasn't really in this book a lot) that are totally Edward swoonworthy and instead of making this post longer than necessary, I'm just going to list those scenes and if you want to see for yourself why these scenes are so sweet, you've got to get out there and buy these books. They may not look like it by these short little sentences but trust me, they're GREAT scenes.

Be sure to check out:

-The scene where Bella almost gets runned over by a car but Edward saves her and doesn't even know why he does.

-The scene where Edward rescues Bella from the blood test thing and takes her home.

-The scene where Edward comes to Bella's rescue when she loses her way and is being followed by that group of men. How he shows up out of nowhere and takes her to dinner and doesn't notice that the waitress is already half way in love with him.

-The scene where Bella asks Edward to stay with her....and he does. He watches over her while she's asleep and it was just so friggin' cute.

And last but not least, here is Mr. Cullen in all of his young manly glory...=)

And this is what he would look like, older and sexier and HOTTER! haha.


Enjoy ladies...

Labels:

---------------------------------------------

11 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

YUM! I Heart Edward. ;)

April 4, 2007 at 4:11 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

DUDE! I'm reading New Moon right now and I love Edward so much. The emotions of Edward and Bella are so real, passionate, and just pure and honest. I love him. So um... y'all gonna have to get in line, I'm pushing you all to the back.

Daph

April 4, 2007 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

By pan's furry balls, I need to read this book!!

April 4, 2007 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

LMAO! Freakin Ames.

April 4, 2007 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

I love Edward. I want him.

April 5, 2007 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Kookie said...

I need to read this book, too. If only to imagine Henry Cavill in the pages. But reading all the love in the article--and the comments--tells me that I'm gonna get more than that. :o)

April 8, 2007 at 6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

edward is my favorite in the world. and i love him like no other, but like he said, bellas hold is permanant, never forget that, so shit!!!

May 8, 2007 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooooh, Edward. i realize I am catching on a bit late, but, boy, am I catching on. Does any one ealse wonder what SM's husband must be like? And if he's a crapface, is he nicer now that he sees the guys that come out of her head?

November 6, 2007 at 6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg i love edward cullen i stay up late readin the book giggling to myself i wish i had a boyfriend like him so sexy and i just want him to bite once and i would be in heaven or to smell his breath i am in love with him in the books twilight new moon and eclipse he is the best character ever i wish i could be bella omg i love edward cullen he is the perfect man boy ...lets go with vampire!!!!
i love edward cullen

January 2, 2008 at 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I <3 Edward sooooo much and i cryed so hard when he left :'(

February 28, 2008 at 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I <3 EDWARD!!!!!IF ONLY THERE WAS A MAN LIKE HIM =[ HE IS SOOOOOOO AMAZING..SOO PERFECT..=]BELLA IS ONE LUCKY LADY..=D

August 18, 2008 at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.