Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Night Secrets by Kat Martin
Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
I've Butchered Butch's Sex Appeal for my Friends
Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas.
The Kitten Club by Dara Edmondson
The Dream Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon.
Twisted Kingdom V. 2
Overheard by Maya Banks.

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Some Input Please

**This is a sticky, please scroll down to see our regularly scheduled programming. I'm extending this until Sunday, April 1st because I'll be out of town and won't have time to post before then. Please email me with your responses by then. Thanks!

I won't be updating for awhile because I'll be out of town. Thanks for your patience.

We're in the process of working on a post about Publisher/Editor/Author responsibility, and we could use some help.

The basic tone of my post is: Who's responsible for typos, etc, in the novels we read and why does the standard seem so much lower for ePublishers than it does larger publishing houses. I realize the companies are smaller, but does the quality have to suffer?

So, if you're a Publisher, Agent, Author, Editor or anyone else who has an opinion, please email me at cranberrytarts at gmail dot com or sfinest at gmail dot com (without the spaces). I do not intend this post to become a flame war between editors and authors, which is why I'd like you to email me. Once I have some answers I'll put my post together and if I choose to quote those of you who emailed me, I'll do so anon. That way we can avoid any negative feelings.

If you're from another blog here in Bloglandia, will you please spread the word?

Thanks bunches,

Holly (and the rest at SF)

Labels: ,

---------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger Nonny Blackthorne said...

Ew! Major sympathies on the migraine. I get them, and they're horrible! *hugs*

I'll drop you an email, and I'll make a post on my blog about the survey. :)

March 9, 2007 at 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Holly.
Ouch. Migraine sounds like he**. Sorry you have to deal with those. I'm lucky and don't get them, but who knows, everyone's system changes year by year.

Alright, now what you are saying about the typo thing drives me nuts, too. I hate running across typos when I'm reading. OMG! So annoying. Couldn't the 'editor' have found these when she is 'editing'? Lol. Not a big deal, but it sooo ruins a good book when you run across one. I actually find myself tallying them up by the end of the book if I run across one.... maybe I'll be my own editor. I'm a perfectionist. Lol.

Miss you, girl.
Get better. *hugs*

March 11, 2007 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Nonny,

Thanks bunches. Your input would be much appreciated.

Marie,
I've missed you girl, where do you keep running off to?

Shoot, I'm a perfectionist, too. Little things drive me bonkers! UGH!

Don't be such a stranger!

HUGS!

March 12, 2007 at 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly. Hmm. Not sure where I keep going. Lol. I'm around....

I have the day off of work today. So, just searching around on the computer enjoying the quiet with my little dog nearby.

I haven't bought the 4th bdbrotherhood yet. I'll probably do that tonight.

I am getting in the mood lately to just reread everything I have on my bookshelves. That's quite a bit, but it'll keep my busy.

I had a dream last night about something I might add to a story of mine... or something like it anyway. Lol. I know if I just sit back and type type type I could get a book done. But I love reading too much, so basically that takes up most of my time.

What's new with you, Holls?

March 12, 2007 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

I hear you. It's funny, because I won't seem busy, but I'll be busy, if that makes sense. lol

I go thru stages, too, where I just want to re-read instead of picking up new stuff. I'm really stoked right now, though, because I just got a new eBook reader, so now I want to download a bunch of new books. I got the new Bulletcatchers book by Roxanne St. Clair last night. So far it seems ok, but I'm only a couple chapters in, so we shall see.

I'm with you about the writing, too. If I could dedicate all my time to it, just imagine what I could do. lol Unfortunately family and life and reading cut into my writing time. Ahh well.

When are we going to see something you've written? I wanna see!!!!

We spent the weekend hiking. Man am I out of shape! My legs are like jello! lol

March 12, 2007 at 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiking sounds wonderful at the moment. It's been so nice in the cities lately and all. Too bad we're back down to the 30's tomorrow.

Not sure when you'll see something by me. A friend of the family was encouraging me back in Dec, and I told her I'd get on one of my books, but I haven't even picked it up yet. Uggh. I am just not into it. But the ideas keep coming I tell you. I will definitely let you all know when I am almost done with something.
I need to get a publisher...

March 13, 2007 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

To answer your question, I believe both the author and the editor are responsible for catching the typos. I know maybe one or two might slip in, but it drives me crazy when I find mistake after mistake.

March 29, 2007 at 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.