Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons W/ Special Guest Andy Do...
Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons ~ CONTEST!!!!!!!
Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons w/ Special Guest Andy Do...
Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons
We Have Guest Bloggers Today!
Ninth Key by Meg Cabot.
Shadowland by Meg Cabot.
Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons
Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
What Have You Read?

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Monday, April 16, 2007

Guest Blogger: Rene Lyons on Fate

Recently the subject of Fate came up in a conversation I had with a good friend. Although I toss the word around in my books, I’ve never given Fate much thought when it came to my own life. Well, that conversation got me thinking about Fate and whether or not it was something I truly believed in. After lengthy consideration I came to the conclusion that I do believe in Fate. In spades. I just never realized it.

I believe things happen for a reason and they happen when they’re supposed to. I also believe people come into our lives for a reason. It’s pretty difficult for me not to believe that after the last year and a half. Since I’ve been published I’ve met a wealth of people, some who’ve hindered me and some who’ve become as vital to me as breathing is. But all have helped bring me to the point I’m at now. I believe this all goes back to Fate. I called it kindred – and with my friend that’s what it is. We’re two like spirits who found each other to make a whole. Cheesy? Maybe. But it’s true.

I also find that Fate had a hand in my writing. Since I was a kid I’d scribble plenty of “beginnings” but no “middles” and certainly no “ends” to the stories cooking up in my head. That all changed when a car hit my brother and ended his life at only thirty-eight. It made me take stock of myself. I looked around at all that I’ve never accomplished and realized I couldn’t lave this world without having ever tried to reach my dream of being a published author. That’s what compelled me to sit down to write a book to the end. I finished Midnight Sun three months later.

I took a chance and it paid off. But – even if I’d never gotten published, I believe Fate forced my hand to write these Templar books. Through my characters I came to know myself better. I saw my own pain reflected in Constantine. My guilt came to the forefront with Lucian and my sense of responsibility with Tristan. With Sebastian I realized that although I put up a good facade, I’m not as tough as I believe. And with Raphael I found my humor again. More importantly, through them all I’ve dug down deep and pulled out a strength I’d buried beneath the muck of life.

Fate began this journey I’m on almost thirty-four years ago and I have to say – it’s been one hell of a ride.

Do you believe in Fate? Do you think you'd be where you are today without it? Or do you think you make your own Fate?

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Stella Price said...

Fate only gets you so far... and the rest is your personal power. Im a firm believer in Fate, and destiny, but they only go to a point. after that its up to you to get it going the way you want. Its like the Tarot thing, a car gets you at a fork, where you could take either way right? well Fate is kinda like that as well, it gets you to where you need to be to make the decision, and its the courage to face the unknown that drives you along to that next stop on the journey. I think Fate has a lot to do with were Aud and I are today, so yeah im a big believer.

S

April 16, 2007 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Like Stella I think it goes both ways. Life hands us choices and we decide what path we're going to follow.

April 16, 2007 at 1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I've found you have to work at things - but Fate does have a way of taking over sometimes. :)

April 16, 2007 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Suzette said...

I believe in Fate but I think God is the driving force behind it.

April 16, 2007 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Stacy~ said...

Yeah, I believe in Fate, but the result is based on what you do with it. You can take the chance or not, take the easy way out or work for it. But don't complain that you can't obtain that goal if you're not willing to work for it. If it's worth having, it's worth working for.

April 16, 2007 at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.