Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? by Melissa Senate
The Bride Thief by Jacquie D'Alessandro
It's In His Kiss by Julia Quinn
Veils of Time, an Anthology
The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot
As Always Jack: A Wartime Love Story by Emma Sweeney
Reading Blahs.
Charlie All Night by Jennifer Crusie
Hero of the Week: James Diaz
Don't Tell by Karen Rose

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Bombshell by Lynda Curnyn



Hero: ??
Heroine: Grace Noonan
Grade: B-


She has more shoes than Sarah Jessica Parker and a skin-care system that could make Madonna swoon, but unlike her celebrity counterparts, Grace Noonan doesn't have it all. Her latest utterly-eligible-yet-maddeningly-unavailable boyfriend has revealed that having sex with her is one thing and having babies quite another, forcing Grace to move on — again. And now that her employer — a top cosmetics company once devoted to "beauty beyond thirty" — is pursuing a teenaged supermodel as its future face, this thirty-four-year-old marketing exec is starting to wonder if she is going to get it all before the closing credits. Could it be time for Grace to back out of the beauty race and trade the singles scene for the sperm bank? Or is there something even this savvy bombshell has yet to discover about life and love in New York City?

This book was cute.

It wasn't this I have to run out and get this no matter the cost kind of story, but it was a cute. I don't regret the purchase but you see, this is the book after, Engaging Men, and of the two I liked Engaging Men better but I didn't hate Grace's book, I think I liked Grace better than Angie, though I liked Angie better in her book and not so much in this one.

It was good to revisit the characters from Engaging Men, and it was also good to see them through Grace's eyes. I liked Grace in EM and I liked her in BS, I just wished that she wasn't so stubborn or so independant, because after a while the whole "I don't need anybody" attitude started to grate on my nerves.

I've got to admit that I was really intrigued by Michael and even cheered a bit for him (I don't know why, I just did), and I'm happy that nothing was left untied in this book, all the loose ends were tied, until I got to the very end and the way it ended, I wasn't very happy with that ending, I was just hoping for a bit more from Grace and the guy she ended up with, but then if you take into account that this is a chick lit book and they don't necessarily end in romance novel extraordinaire, but aside from the crappy ending, the book was cute.

Read it or not, it's up to you...but for me, it was just cute.

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.