Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Spell of the Higlander by Karen Marie Moning
Hero of the Week: Sin MacAllister
The rest of my TBR books!
Hard Cover or Paperback?
Depth Perception by Linda Castillo
In Order or Out of Order?
TBR book shelf!
Flashpoint by Suzanne Brockmann
Sherrilyn Kenyon book signing
Crazy Kisses by Tara Janzen

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Friday, June 9, 2006

Getting to Know You: A Readers Poll.

***Please Note: This is a sticky. Please scroll down to view our regularly scheduled programming. Thank you, and have a nice day***

Hello all! We here at SF are interested in getting to know our readers a bit better, so I thought I'd post a few questions, have you answer them either here or on your blog (as long as you let us know you did so) and we'll respond. If you aren't comfortable answering, don't trip. We're just curious, not trying to stalk you. ha ha

1. What was the first romance novel you read? Did you love it, or was it just ok?
2. What's your favorite romance sub-genre?
3. Favorite Author?
4. All time favorite book?
5. Favorite heroine?
6. Favorite hero?
7. Favorite storyline?
8. Least favorite storyline?


And some personal questions. Feel free not to answer if it makes you uncomfortable!

1. Name? (first name only please)
2. Where are you from? Country is fine if you're not comfortable with state or town.
3. How did you hear about Sanctuary?
4. How often do you visit?
5. Is there anything you'd like to see that we don't offer?

If you'd rather, you can email your answers to us at:

sfinest@gmail.com

I'll go first...

Holly:

1. What was the first romance novel you read? Did you love it, or was it just ok? Killjoy by Julie Garwood. It wasn't great, but it was good enough to interest me in reading the rest of her books. After that, I was hooked!
2. What's your favorite romance sub-genre? Right now it's romantic-suspense, but my answer is subject to change without notice.
3. Favorite Author? Probably Linda Howard for contemps, Karen Marie Moning for time-travel and Hannah Howell for historicals. Again this is subject to change.
4. All time favorite book? Anne of Green Gables. Either that or Wind in the Willows.
5. Favorite heroine? Eve Dallas from J.D. Robb's In Death series.
6. Favorite hero? Hmm...Ben Lewis, Dageus MacKeltar and on and on it goes.
7. Favorite storyline? The One That Got Away. Though I'm not as obsessive as Grace, I do love seeing a couple reunited after years of separation!
8. Least favorite storyline? Amnesia.


And some personal questions:

1. Name? Holly, Holls, Hollar
2. Where are you from? The Palm Springs area of Southern Cali
3. How did you hear about Sanctuary? Er..um..LOL Actually, four of us got together originally and decided to dedicate an entire blog just to romance. Thankfully Jazz signed on afterwards and it's been nothing but fun!
4. How often do you visit? I refuse to answer this, because I don't want y'all to think I have more issues than I let on!
5. Is there anything you'd like to see that we don't offer? I think we're alright, but I'd like to see a few more un-review posts and more hotties! LOL

Dylan:

1. What was the first romance novel you read? Did you love it, or was it just ok? My very first romance novel was Something Wonderful by Judith McNaught and I absolutely loved it so much that I daydreamed about Jordan Townsende in church. LOL.
2. What's your favorite romance sub-genre? Contemporaries, Chick Lit and Paranormal oh yeah and LH's romantic suspense, LOVE those.
3. Favorite Author? Too many to name, so here's an abbreviated list of my favs: KMM, JM, JG, LH, SB, SK, KM, hmmm that's all I can think of for the moment.
4. All time favorite book? The Dark Highlander by KMM and Gone too Far by SB.
5. Favorite heroine? Hmmm, Meredith Bancroft from JM's Paradise, I think.
6. Favorite hero? Dageus MacKeltar and Sam Starrett.
7. Favorite storyline? Good ones.
8. Least favorite storyline? Bad ones.

The Personal Questions:

1. Name? (first name only please) Dylan, duh...
2. Where are you from? Country is fine if you're not comfortable with state or town. The City of Angels, just like me....Los Angeles, California. LOL.
3. How did you hear about Sanctuary? I started it with my friends.
4. How often do you visit? Every flippin' day.
5. Is there anything you'd like to see that we don't offer? Yeah, more hot guys! LOL.

Jazz:

1. What was the first romance novel you read? Did you love it, or was it just ok? Fine Things by Danielle Steel, I loved it at the time. But now I realize it wasn't all that. But it will always hold a special place. Ya know?
2. What's your favorite romance sub-genre? Really depends on my mood. But while I can say I enjoy a paranormal every once in awhile they are not my fav. Contemps or Historical are pretty even though.
3. Favorite Author? This tends to change pretty often but I've gotta say ..... it's mostly between Linda Howard, Susan Elizabeth Phillips Judith McNaught and Karen Marie Moning. But believe me I'm sure I'm missing some important ones there.
4. All time favorite book? Perfect by Judith McNaught
5. Favorite heroine? Hard one, I don't really think on this much. Maybe ... (Holly is gonna kill me for this) Julie from Perfect. She had to make very hard decisions and was faced with so much. And even when she made some bad choices she never was to prideful to admit it.
6. Favorite hero? Zarek from Dance with the Devil by Sherrilyn Kenyon
7. Favorite storyline? The hero and heroine don't fight their attraction but fight for each other
8. Least favorite storyline? When the hero and heroine fight their attraction the entire book!


And some personal questions:

1. Name? (first name only please) Jazz
2. Where are you from? New Jersey
3. How did you hear about Sanctuary? Well I didn't start it cause I came in a little late but I do all the stuff now!
4. How often do you visit? Every day!
5. Is there anything you'd like to see that we don't offer? Hmmm, I'll get back to you on that. lol.

Isabel Says:

1. What was the first romance novel you read? Did you love it, or was it just ok? It was The Wedding by Julie Garwood and I loved it. It made me want to read more.
2. What's your favorite romance sub-genre? I love the historicals.
3. Favorite Author? Karen Marie Moning and Jaquie D'Alessandro
4. All time favorite book? The Princess Bride by William Goldman
5. Favorite heroine? Gwen Cassidy from Kiss of the Highlander
6. Favorite hero? Derek Craven. I mean, seriously, who else would I say?
7. Favorite storyline? Where they work together to solve something.
8. Least favorite storyline? The revenge plot, amensia plot and the misunderstand that keeps a couple apart for far too long.


And some personal questions. Feel free not to answer if it makes you uncomfortable!

1. Name? (first name only please) Isabel, Izzy
2. Where are you from? Country is fine if you're not comfortable with state or town. The better part of California, Northern California.
3. How did you hear about Sanctuary? 4 score and 7 years ago, 4 women decided to create a book blog....
4. How often do you visit? All the time.
5. Is there anything you'd like to see that we don't offer? Not that I can think of.

Grace:

1. What was the first romance novel you read? Did you love it, or was it just ok? Honor's Splendor by Julie Garwood and I absolutely LOVED it! It was the book to get me hooked into romance reading and I've never regretted reading it..I only wish I found it sooner.
2. What's your favorite romance sub-genre? Right now, I'm on a big contemporary kick..but that often changes between historicals, regencies and even paranormal. Hehe, what can I say? I'm indecisive.
3. Favorite Author? Julie Garwood, Judith McNaught, Karen Marie Moning, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Susan E Phillips, Julia Quinn, Jennifer Crusie and the list goes on and on. What? Did you think I'd be able to name just ONE? LOL
4. All time favorite book? I'm going to go with Paradise by Judith McNaught
5. Favorite heroine? Wow, I'm stumped on this one. I'll have to think about this one some more.
6. Favorite hero? Matt Farrell from JM's Paradise
7. Favorite storyline? The One That Got Away, of course. ;)
8. Least favorite storyline? I'm with Holly on this one: Amnesia

The Personal Questions:

1. Name? (first name only please) Grace
2. Where are you from? Country is fine if you're not comfortable with state or town. Sydney, Australia
3. How did you hear about Sanctuary? The girls thought up a great idea to start up a blog completely dedicated to what we all love most: Romance Reading. Of course, after hearing about this brilliant idea, I just *had* to be apart of it. *grin* -- and so Sanctuary was created.
4. How often do you visit? Daily :D
5. Is there anything you'd like to see that we don't offer? Not that I can think of, at the moment. :)

Labels:

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.