Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Depth Perception by Linda Castillo
In Order or Out of Order?
TBR book shelf!
Flashpoint by Suzanne Brockmann
Sherrilyn Kenyon book signing
Crazy Kisses by Tara Janzen
A Knight In Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux
Honor's Splendor by Julie Garwood
KMM Stuff- Dark Fever
His Every Kiss by Laura Lee Guhrke

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Hard Cover or Paperback?

Right now, I'm re reading Spell of the Highlander. I read at least an hour before I go to bed. Depending on what I'm doing at break (going to the cafeteria, visiting a co worker) I'll read at work too. My book fits neatly in my purse. It's easy to carry as I walk my route at work.

My friend just loaned me Dark Side of the Moon. As you know it's hardback. It doesn't fit in my purse. Honestly, I don't feel like lugging it around. It has nothing to do with the cover *Looks at Holly. I mean I'm walking around with Spell for crying out loud!* Some hardbacks are heavy (Harry Potter). I can't hide them when my supervisor comes walking down the aisle when I really should be on the phones. (Yeah almost got caught while reading Angels and Demons a few times)

I don't like Hardbacks. They are more expensive, sometimes heavy, huge (mass paperback is just the perfect size) and the jacket covers annoy me. They slide and slip.

Usually when a book comes out in hardback, I'll borrow it from a friend and just wait to buy it in paperback. Except Karen Marie Moning. I will spend money on her hardback books. Just cause, I need it. I need to know what happens and I need it for my collection. However, once the paperback comes out, I'll buy it and the hardback goes into the UBS pile.

So, which do you prefer? Hardback or paperback?

Labels:

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.