Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Hero of the Week: Cian MacKeltar
Crazy Kisses by Tara Janzen
Into the Night by Suzanne Brockmann
More Author News and a Congrats!
Name Dropping by Jane Heller
Romance Vs. Real Life
To Tame a Highland Warrior by Karen Marie Moning
Hero of the Week: Jamie Fraser
Crusie & Evanovich News
Baby Don't Go by Susan Andersen

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Bride by Julie Garwood.

Hero: Alec Kincaid
Heroine:: Jamie Jamison
Grade: B+

By edict of the king, the mighty Scottish laird Alec Kincaid must take an English bride. His choice was Jamie, youngest daughter of Baron Jamison...a feisty, violet-eyed beauty. Alec ached to touch her, to tame her, to possess her...forever. But Jamie vowed never to surrender to this highland barbarian.

He was everything her heart warned against—an arrogant scoundrel whose rough good looks spoke of savage pleasures. And thought Kincaid's scorching kisses fired her blood, she brazenly resisted him...until one rapturous moment quelled their clash of wills, and something far more dangerous than desire threatened to conquer her senses...

The JG battle has always been between Alec Kincaid and Connor MacAllister, which is the sexiest Highlander? Here at Sanctuary's Finest, for some reason, Connor wins out ahead of Alec, it's like we all have the same taste in men, because the score for this battle was once again, 4-1, with our Aussie sister, championing Alec Kincaid. Me thinks that Grace likes to go against the group just to be ornery.

We still love her.

So I picked this book up last night after I had read about 200 pages of my Outlander book and was flipping through it, laughing at some scenes and sighing over others.

And I've got to tell you, if I dont' reread The Wedding soon, Alec may win my favors....not really, but I forgot all the reasons why I love Connor so much as I was reading Alec's book.

You see, The Bride is about Alec Kincaid and Jamie Jamison, the poor girl and her name. Alec is forced to choose an English bride to bring unity and peace to England and Scotland and Jamie's father has pissed off the English King so it's from his daughters that Alec and his friend Daniel Ferguson will choose their wives.

Jamie is the youngest daughter and instead of being taken care of because she's the youngest, she is the one that takes care of all of sisters as well as her Father. She practically runs the entire household by her lonesome.

Where's the fairness in that? And because she takes care of the household, Baron Jamison thinks to keep her out of the Scots line of vision and not tell them about her so that he can hold on to his precious Jamie, not because he loves her or anything, oh hell no, the stupid bastard wants to keep Jamie home to take care of his lazy arse.

..and that really grates on my hot damn nerves.

So had it not been for the horse master, Alec and Daniel wouldn't have known about Jamie and her father would have robbed her of ever having her own happiness. What kind of father does a thing like that to his daughter?

Not a very good one.

And the things we find out about Jamie's family throughout the book really irritate the snot out of me, like when Jamie is chosen by Alec and her older sister Mary is chosen by Daniel, they set out to travel to their new homes, in Scotland....way north, in the Highlands. Somewhere along their travels, they run into a band of thieves who try to rob them, you would think that Mary because she's the oldest would try to protect her younger sister, but that wasn't the case at all, she flew behind Jamie and demanded that Jamie protect her.

What the bleeding flip?

Now I know that I probably wouldn't be the bravest person should I come into contact with people that want to rob me, but I know for a fact that I would protect the younger ones, cause there was this one time my nephew and I almost got ran over by a speeding car at Knotts Berry Farm and I totally pushed Seth out of the way so that he wouldn't get hit, nearly colliding with the car myself, so I can honestly tell you, my fellow readers that I am NO Mary Jamison...LOL.

But anyway, I digress...sorry. Aside from the issues I had with Jamie's family, this book was a really good book, it had laughter and it had a happy ending which is just the recipe in my book for a good book. There was a spot of drama in the book, which helps the storyline along with a bit of mystery giving the book a really good review in my opinion.

I had no idea who was behind all of the fires and the mishaps that happened to Jamie, I mean I figured it was someone who was in love with Alec, but I had no idea it was who it was...that one threw me for a loop, but in my defense I was wrapped up in Alec and Jamie's relationship, so that part of the mystery didn't really catch my attention.

I loved Alec and Jamie as a couple, they were truly the perfect match in this book and I think anyone who wants to read a good Highland historical should pick this one up because it's good stuff, so kudos to Julie Garwood on this gem, I loved it.

Now go and read it so you can love it too.

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.