Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Sunny Chandler's Return by Sandra Brown
A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber
Take A Chance on Me by Susan Donovan
A Trip to the UBS and three new ones to show...
Bibliophil & Me
Okay Shelves Revamped!
Could You Do It?
Take Me by Lucy Monroe
Update: My Bookshelves (with TBR shelf)
Summer at Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Sunday, November 5, 2006

Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts

Hero: Hoyt Mac Cionaoith
Heroine: Glenna Ward
Category: Paranormal
Page Count: 321 pages
Grade: B

From the Cover Slip:

A battle is brewing between the forces of good and evil-- a war that will be fought across the planes of time ---as Lilith, the most powerful vampire in the world, gathers her dark minions around her.

The goddess Morrigan rises up to stop her--and with her, a circle of six...


The romance in this story is slim but for me the romance was secondary, there's a bigger story being told here and I'm mighty intrigued to find out what happens next. This is the first book in The Circle Trilogy and I really enjoyed reading it. I loved how Nora Roberts started the story with an Old Man telling the tale of the War to all those little kids and I just loved the way the whole story just flowed. It was set at a nice pace and though the romance was very slim in this book, I still felt the wealth of love flowing between both Hoyt and Glenna.

I loved how their love happened real quick like but it was still believable to me, because they didn't fight their feelings for each other, they didn't shy away from the problems that would come from them getting together, they knew right from the jump that whatever problems arose from them being together, they were going to face each problem head on and TOGETHER. I loved it.

I thought the immediate handfasting was cute and I just loved reading about these two. It was good, a good addition to the whole story.

I loved getting to know the others in the Circle, I loved meeting Cian and the complication that he was in the story because he was a vampire and they were forming all this to destroy just what Cian was. I loved how they all grew together to be this big happy family and I enjoyed seeing them struggle to trust each other, struggle to LIKE each other and yet at the end of the book, we saw them accomplish what they wanted to accomplish, to form a unit.

I thought this book was well written and it was just oodles of fun to read. Nora Roberts proved to me in this book that she is indeed worth the money she makes. This was a great read for me and I cannot wait to start the next in the series, though I long to read Cian's story. Of the three men in the story, figures I'd be drawn more to the vampire than anyone else. The Sorcerer was hot stuff and the Man with Many Shapes was another hottie, but for me, it was all about Cian, the vampire....the story really has just begun and I can't wait to read the rest of it.

Good job, Nora.

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.