Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Bibliophil & Me
Okay Shelves Revamped!
Could You Do It?
Take Me by Lucy Monroe
Update: My Bookshelves (with TBR shelf)
Summer at Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs
Sarah's Seduction by Lora Leigh
An Invitation to Seduction by Lorraine Heath
Stealing Heaven by Madeline Hunter
Ladies Man by Suzanne Brockmann

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Monday, October 30, 2006

A Trip to the UBS and three new ones to show...

Today I went to the UBS and traded a few paperbacks I didn't want. No worries I have a list of other paperbacks and hardbacks I'm going to list as a free for all. lol. But anyway I got three new books. Here they are....

I saw this book forever ago when I was in Walmart just passing through. It really looks good but I know it's part of a series. But like new condition in a UBS, half off? I had to get it. I'll find out the rest of the series and get it soon. Anyone read this or know the series order? I've only read one short story by JD, it was in an Antho called Unzipped with Lori Foster and other authors. Very hot!
Here's the blurb on this book:
Mia Wilde has a reputation for being too wild to tame, but that doesn't mean she's going to let someone get away with distributing provocative photographs of her. So she enlists the help of private investigator Cameron Sinclair--the one man who seems immune to her flirtatious and outrageous personality. But Mia soon learns that appearances can be very deceiving.

I've only read one book by Stef Ann Holm and loved it, Leaving Normal. I have two others on my TBR by her, I forget their titles right now. But anyway, I saw this at Borders the other night but I was on the phone with Holly and she wouldn't let me buy it, saving money for Vegas and all that. lol. Soooo when I saw it at the UBS I had to get it. Wanna know why I wanted it so bad? Well first the blurb sounds good, but also I loved the cover! The shoes the girl is wearing? I HAVE THEM! They are Steve Maddens. lol. I'm a freak I know.
Well anyway here is the blurb:
Red Duck, Idaho, may be just a speck on the map, but it's perfect for a hardworking single mom looking for a good place to start over. Arriving with recipes, ambition, a silent prayer and two teenage boys, Lucy Carpenter is ready to cook her way into the hearts and wallets of celebrities who frequent the nearby ski resort and watering holes.

But she needs somebody to put the word out -- and that somebody is Drew Tolman, former pro baseball player turned local big shot. She's heard the rumors -- scandal, women and more -- but he's the man Lucy needs on her side. It takes a little effort and a lot of decadence -- in the kitchen -- but word of Lucy's culinary talents spreads like melting chocolate.

Soon every one's got Lucy's number, but her best caller is Drew. He's eager to convince the deliciously tempting Lucy that she's the dessert he's been saving room for . . .


FINALLY! Yes finally, I've gotten it. After hearing EVERYONE, minus Holly, rave about Derek....I got his book. It freaking better be all you are saying it is! The bars up pretty high, and I just don't see anyone passing Nick in my book.
Not that any of you need it but here is the blurb:
She stood at danger's threshold—
then love beckoned her in.

In the shelter of her country cottage, Sara Feilding puts pen to paper to create dreams. But curiosity has enticed the prim, well-bred gentlewoman out of her safe haven—and into Derek Craven's dangerous world.

A handsome, tough and tenacious Cockney, he rose from, poverty to become lord of London's most exclusive gambling house—a struggle that has left Derek Craven fabulously wealthy, but hardened and suspicious. And now duty demands he allow Sara Fielding into his world—with her impeccable manners and her infuriating innocence. But here, in a perilous shadow-realm of ever-shifting fortunes, even a proper "mouse" can be transformed into a breathtaking enchantress—and a world-weary gambler can be shaken to his cynical core by the power of passion. . .and the promise of love.



Besides buying/trading books I have been reading. Why haven't I posted a review? Well I read two Sandra Brown books, if anyone knows me they know I LOVE Sandra Brown. Well the first one I read (just recently) was Seduction by Design, it didn't knock me off my feet. So instead of admitting that her book was less than perfect I moved on to another....Sunny Chandlers Return, it was better. Still not her best but better. So I'm sure you know if you read a fave and it doesn't blow you away you're never jumping up and down at the chance to tell everyone. But don't worry they will be reviewed, I'm giving them time to leave an impression. lol....

Labels:

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.