Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Heroine Issues, Part III
To Sir Phillip With Love by Julia Quinn
On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn
On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn
Spoilers or No?
Spoilers or No?
Spoilers or No?
Mr. Perfect by Linda Howards
Saving Grace by Julie Garwood
When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Sunday, July 9, 2006

I need to vent......


I'm reading Dangerous Tides by Christine Feehan right now. I've been a CF fangirl for years now. Though her stories sometimes drag a bit, I always find myself wrapped up in them, anxious for more. But I keep getting pulled out of this one. Why? Because she's inconsistant. I swear, it's like she didn't even edit this book...at all. I'm not talking about typos, either.

Let me give you a few examples:

Jonas is driving a Jeep and he's involved in an accident. He's a cop, but he was off duty, so he wasn't in his squad car. Feehan mentions this specifically. So do the H/H when they're discussing the incident. Then, not two pages later, they say, "The evidence was stolen right out of his squad car." HELLOOO! You just said he wasn't in his squad car.

Elle, the youngest daughter, has telepathy. Libby, the herione, talks about it, saying Elle's the strongest telepath in the fam. Then, one page later, Libby muses to herself that she often forgets how strong Elle's telepathy is. WTF?

Then, the hero tells one of the deputies he's in love with Libby. Two pages later he says this:
"I'm in love with her." He hadn't said the words aloud. He hadn't let himself think about the emotion.


I know these kinds of things don't bother other readers, but in this book, it's happened so often I can't even focus on the story anymore. One inconsistancy? Fine. But when it's in every chapter? It's too much! I swear I feel like CF thinks I'm too stupid to notice. Which, I'm sure isn't the case, but sheesh, couldn't she re-read her own writing to make sure there weren't mistakes like this?

Grrrr!

Ok, rant over.

PS. I'm behind on my reviews. I owe y'all somewhere near 15, but I've been too lazy to work on them. Don't give up on me, ok? I promise to start posting more soon. Really!

Labels:

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.