Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Spoilers or No?
Spoilers or No?
Spoilers or No?
Mr. Perfect by Linda Howards
Saving Grace by Julie Garwood
When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn
Hot Seat Days!
Divalicious
It's in His Kiss by Julia Quinn
It's In His Kiss by Julia Quinn

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Saturday, July 1, 2006

On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn

A funny thing happened...
Unlike most men of his acquaintance, Gregory Bridgerton believes in true love. And he is convinced that when he finds the woman of his dreams, he will know in an instant that she is the one. And that is exactly what happened. Except...

She wasn't the one. In fact, the ravishing Miss Hermione Watson is in love with another. But her best friend, the ever-practical Lady Lucinda Abernathy, wants to save Hermione from a disastrous alliance, so she offers to help Gregory win her over. But in the process, Lucy falls in love. With Gregory! Except...

Lucy is engaged. And her uncle is not inclined to let her back out of the betrothal, even once Gregory comes to his senses and realizes that it is Lucy, with her sharp wit and sunny smile, who makes his heart sing. And now, on the way to the wedding, Gregory must risk everything to ensure that when it comes time to kiss the bride, he is the only man standing at the altar...


Isabel says:

Now, I don't know about you. But I didn't dislike the book, but I didn't like it either. I'm just indifferent. Maybe I read it too fast. I don't know. It felt... rushed, forced. I can't pinpoint it at all.

I did like how Hyacinth helped arrange a meeting with Gregory and Lucinda. I liked how she stood by her brother, claiming she would never receive Lucinda after the scene in the church.

So the book, was just ok to me. I'll have to reread for sure. Also, what was the historical inaccuracy? I didn't pick up on it all.

So I'm leaving this ungraded for now.Cause I don't honestly don't know how I feel about it yet.

Ok, I'm adding stuff. I reread some part and I feel disappointed. I didn't feel any connection between Lucinda and Gregory. Again felt forced.

It sucks the series had to end like this. But.. oh well.

Grade: D+

Holly says:

Another meh from JQ. Her last book was that way for me, too.

I won't go into the plot again, as Izzy took care of that, but I will say that this book was sadly lacking.

I didn't connect with Lucy, the heroine, or Gregory at all. Throughout the book I felt like he was just a boy. More Beta than Alpha and not old - or capable - enough to carry the story, as his brothers had done before him.

The storyline bugged, as well. The whole, he's in love with someone who's in love with someone else while the heroine was decidedly NOT in love with him got real old, real quick.

We didn't see much of the other Bridgerton's in this book either, which, considering this is the last of the series, bothered me quite a bit. In her previous Bridgerton novels we enough of the clan to satisfy me but not enough to for them to overpower the story. That wasn't the case here.

I didn't like the secondary characters, either. Though Lucy went on and on about how close she and her brother were, I got the distinct inpression that he only tolerated her presence because of his attraction to her best friend. And later, after things had been settled in that area, he still didn't seem to have any special affection for her.

I'm giving this one 2 out of 5. I have to say, I'm glad we're done with the Bridgerton's, and from the way this story went, JQ seems to be as well.

Dylan's Review:

Hero: Gregory Bridgerton
Heroine: Lady Lucinda Abernathy
Grade: D

So, I finished reading On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn and boy was I disappointed in it. I couldn't connect with Gregory (and I was so looking forward to) and I just didn't buy that him and Lucy fell in love...or maybe I should say I didn't buy the WAY they fell in love. The whole story is so juvenile, I felt that Gregory was robbed of the ability to prove himself as a worthy hero, he totally didn't come close to being the man any of his brothers were. He spent most of the book, pouting and I just didn't like the hero that JQ wrote Gregory to be. I felt robbed on Gregory's behalf because if JQ wanted us to read Gregory to be a really great hero, she totally failed in that aspect because a strong hero would NOT leave his heroine to face her Uncle by herself the way he did, a strong hero doesn't hide in trees, friggin' STALKING his heroine, a strong hero would have too much pride to do something like that. He reminded me of Izzy's friend, the one who did too much to get his girlfriend back, it was just not cute.

And I so wanted to like Gregory.

I think this is my least favorite Bridgerton book and I was expecting to like this book way more than To Sir Phillip with Love, but I didn't...what a bad way to end the series, it had none of the BAM that one would think a series would end with, *sigh* Poor poor Gregory.

Lucy was just a good heroine, she was weird and yeah JQ could have made her a great heroine, one we'd overlook, you know? But, I just didn't really care for Lucy, nor did I really care for any of the characters in the story, Harmoine and Richard? Meh, Uncle Robert? *shrugs shoulder* Meh again, Lord Haselby? hehe, whatever...this book was just blah to me, yep I didn't care for it at all.



The Duke and I
The Viscount Who Loved Me
An Offer From A Gentleman
Romancing Mr. Bridgerton
To Sir Phillip, With Love
When He Was Wicked

It's In His Kiss
On The Way to the Wedding

Labels: , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.