Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

The Duke and I by Julia Quinn
True Blue by Luanne Rice
Hero of the Week: Cal Morrisey
The Prize by Julie Garwood
Mike, Mike & Me by Wendy Markham
Ransom by Julie Garwood
Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
Lion's Bride by Iris Johansen
His Royal Love Child by Lucy Monroe
Married in Haste by Cathy Maxwell

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Friday, June 23, 2006

The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn

1814 promises to be another eventful season, but not, This Author believes, for Anthony Bridgerton, London's most elusive bachelor, who has shown no indication that he plans to marry. And in all truth, why should he? When it comes to playing the consummate rake, nobody does it better...

-Lady Whistledown's Society Papers, April 1814

But this time the gossip columnists have it wrong. Anthony Bridgerton hasn't just decided to marry, he's even chosen a wife! The only obstacle is his intendeds older sister, Kate Sheffield the most meddlesome woman ever to grace a London ballroom. The spirited schemer is driving Anthony mad with her determination to stop the betrothal, but when he closes his eyes at night, Kate's the woman haunting his increasingly erotic dreams...

Contrary to popular belief, Kate is quite sure that reformed rakes to not make the best husbands and Anthony Bridgerton is the most wicked rogue of them all. Kate's determined to protect her sister but she fears her own heart is vulnerable. And when Anthony's lips touch hers, she's suddenly afraid she might not be able to resist the reprehensible rake herself...


Isabel Says

I forgot to mention in my review of The Duke and I, Lady Whistledown. She's a gossip columnist and unlike other ones, she uses full names. And no one knows who she is, but they love reading her paper. At the beginning of each chapter, you'll see a mention regarding the Bridgertons from Lady Whistledown.

Anthony's father, Edmound, died at the age of 39. He was stung by a bee and was allergic to them. They didn't know it, cause Edmund had been stung before and was fine. Anthony was 18 years old and he was close to his father. When his father died, Anthony took it very hard. He believed that he would also die at the age of 39. So he decides he has to marry. But he doesn't want to marry someone he'll love because he doesn't think it's fair to his future bride. And now Anthony is deathly afraid of bees. So he decides to marry Edwina.

However, Kate has been reading about Anthony in Lady Whistledown's paper. And she doesn't think he'll suit for her sister Edwina at all. She's already made up her mind Anthony is a rake and doesn't like him. Which, I don't think is fair. Cause how can you judge someone you don't really know. But then again 1) We all do that to some degree and 2) I guess it's because I already know Anthony is a great guy. Kate just needs to find out on her own.

Kate also has a fear she carries. Her is of thunder storms. She's deathly afraid of them. So while attending a party and the Bridgerton estate in country, there is a thunder storm. Anthony happens to stumble upon her frightened and alone. He soothes her and stays with her and Kate really starts to see Anthony isn't a bad guy after all.

This book has my favorite scene out of all the Bridgerton books. The pall mall scene. It's so funny and when Kate "wins" the game, it's just too funny. Something my family has done. In fact, we play croquet the same way. hee hee.

Also a good scene is when Newton, the dog, causes havoc in the park. And Kate tells him to shake (as in shake the water off his body) all over Anthony.

Let me set up my favorite quote. You see, Edwina is considered the beauty. Kate is just Kate. So Kate always figured Edwina would marry well. Kate would just settle. No one really notices Kate. So when Anthony tells Kate she's beautiful, she's gets all paranoid, thinking Anthony doesn't mean it. Circumstances happened to make Kate and Anthony marry. So when Kate says Anthony doesn't mean when he says she's beautiful, this is his response.

My favorite quote:




"Listen to me," he said, his voice even and intense, " and listen well, because
I'm going to say this once. I desire you. I burn for you. I can't sleep at night
for wanting you. Even when I didn't like you, I lusted for you. It's the most
maddening, beguiling, damnable thing, but there it is. And if I have to hear one
more word of nonsense from your lips, I'm going to have to tie you to the bloody
bed and have my way with you a hundred different ways until you finally get it
through your silly skull that you are the most beautiful and desirable woman in
England, and if everyone else doesn't see that, then they are bloody fools."
Anthony to Kate.
Damn.

Grade: B

Jazz says:

Well I must say that this book was just okay for me. I mean it definitely kept my attention the entire time but Anthony really irked me. He was such a total jerk to Kate the entire first half of the book, and not just a little but horribly mean. And I do not think he made up for it in the least. There was no grand gesture or anything.

I really liked Kate in this book though. She was strong, never pitied herself, and was so loving to everyone. And when she found out about Anthony's fear she didn't mock him for the stupidity of it she just said it was totally understandable but he was wrong. That it would be okay. She was just great.

I must admit that I am getting more and more curious about who this Lady Whistledown is though. I do have my suspicions but I will keep them to myself till I know for sure. Over all I like the book and my grade would be....

Grade: B-

The Duke and I
The Viscount Who Loved Me
An Offer From A Gentleman
Romancing Mr. Bridgerton
To Sir Phillip, With Love
When He Was Wicked

It's In His Kiss
On the Way to the Wedding

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.