Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn
On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn
Spoilers or No?
Spoilers or No?
Spoilers or No?
Mr. Perfect by Linda Howards
Saving Grace by Julie Garwood
When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn
Hot Seat Days!
Divalicious

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Tuesday, July 4, 2006

To Sir Phillip With Love by Julia Quinn

Sir Phillip knew that Eloise Bridgerton was a spinster, and so he'd proposed, figuring that she'd be homely and unassuming, and more than a little desperate for an offer of marriage. Except she wasn't. The beautiful woman on his doorstep was anything but quiet, and when she stopped talking long enough to close her mouth, all he wanted to do was kiss her and more.

Did he think she was mad? Eloise Bridgerton couldn't marry a man she had never met! But then she started thinking and wondering and before she knew it, she was in a hired carriage in the middle of the night, on her way to meet the man she hoped might be her perfect match. Except he wasn't. Her perfect husband wouldn't be so moody and ill-mannered, and while Phillip was certainly handsome, he was a large brute of a man, rough and rugged, and totally unlike the London gentlemen vying for her hand. But when he smiled and when he kissed her the rest of the world simply fell away, and she couldn't help but wonder could this imperfect man be perfect for her?


I know quite a few of the other ladies here on SF have reviewed this book, as all the other Bridgerton books, so originally I had planned on not reviewing it. But as I read both the book and the reviews I found my opinions differed some, and so decided to give you all my review.

I think this is tied for first place in the series. I cannot choose between The Duke and I and this book.

I, unlike most, didn't think that Phillip was annoying in the way he was with his children. I didn't want to yell at him to stop worrying and just be with them. I think this may have been one of the most real books written on a parents fears. It wasn't overly done. Maybe if his anger in the book had been toward them and so he stayed away I would have been mad, but because it was directed at himself, I was able to understand where he was coming from. He never had a mother or anyone to tell him he was different from his father, so how was he to know when he was upset he wouldn't lash out at the children? He was trying so hard to protect them that when he came across the Nurse it nearly killed him to realize that his staying away hurt them as opposed to helping them. If he had walked away at that point and avoided them I think it may have been one to many times for be. But he didn't. And when his mistake was clear in front of him he fixed it. I loved Phillip, he was so real, so honest with himself.

And may I be blunt? Of course I can, lol. Another reason I so enjoyed this book was it was more sexual. OMG the intimacies between Eloise and Phillip were so hot! They were so hot together. I love how blunt and open Eloise was, she held nothing back. Physically, emotionally or with her words.

This book simply put was a breath of fresh air.

I LOVED the children, I know I stated my opinion on them in the book in the beginning but I must say again, how much they added to the book and to Phillips character.

My Grade~ A- (the minus because I felt jipped in the epilogue, way to short, and not informative at all!)

Labels: , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.