Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

My Current TBR Pile
It Had To Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Hero of the Week: Ben Lewis.
Competition.
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Carly Phillips book release
Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
Best Enemies by Jane Heller
My Sunshine by Catherine Anderson
Perfect by Judith McNaught

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

I am Dageus MacKeltar, a man with one good conscience and thirteen bad ones, driven to sate my darkest desiresÂ…From his penthouse lair high above Manhattan, Dageus looks out over a glittering city that calls to the darkness within him. A sixteenth-century Scot trapped between worlds, he is fighting a losing battle with the thirteen Druids who possess his soul, dooming him to an eternity of sexual pursuit. When Chloe Zanders, student of antiquities, is drawn into his world, she finds the insatiable alpha male an irresistible lure. Before long, she is caught up in an ancient prophecy that will sweep her back into time to medieval Scotland. Plunged into a world of timeless magic and dark seduction, she will soon face the challenge of a lifetime: fighting thirteen evil spirits for the heart of one irresistible man....

What happened is that while Drustan lay sleeping, there was a fire and he died. Dageus, who knew Gwen would be waiting for him in the future, travels back in time to save Drustan's life. In doing so, he became cursed. The Mackeltars were to never travel through time for personal gain.

So now Dageus is living in the present trying to figure out how to undo the curse. With each day that passes, it grows stronger. Chloe delivers a book to his penthouse and finds artifacts galore. She is caught snooping around and finds out that Dageus has been stealing artifacts from other museums. Dageus catches her and then ties her to the bed. He explains he is just borrowing them. Yeah right she thinks.

Later on she hears on the news all the artifacts stolen, we returned to police headquarters. She is puzzled by this sexy, handsome, highlander. She's attracted to him too. But keeps denying it. I mean, the man dropped his towel and she just kind of stood there shocked. Now, I know I would've been shocked, but after coming to my senses I would've ran up the stairs and just thrown myself shamelessly at him. But that's just me.

He asks her to visit Scotland with him. Dageus needs to see what he can find about the curse in the Mackeltar library. Meaning he'll have to face Drustan and admit he's cursed. They arrive in Scotland and Chloe is shocked to learn Drustan and Dageus are twins. That little reunion is cute.

Drustan explains the books are gone. Which means one thing, Dageus has to travel back in time. He asks Chloe to come with him. To just trust him. Not knowing where she is going, she agrees.

I love Dageus. He's my favorite Mackeltar twin. 1) He's tortured. 2) The eyes. Yeah, I'm a sucker for tortured hereos and eyes. But I have to say, I like Drustan's story better. Chloe is a sweet gal, but I don't know. I didn't love her like I loved Gwen. I can't exactly pin it though. Anyway, it is a good story though. I enjoyed seeing Nell and Silvan again. Got a good chuckle when Silvan fainted from seeing the queen. We also get a glimpse of our favorite bad boy Adam. My favorite scene is when Dageus and Chloe exchange their binding vows and the same time Silvan is finally binding himself to Nell. It was just really sweet.

I give it: B

Dagues was a hero of the week, you can read that here.

Beyond the Highland Mist
To Tame a Highland Warrior
The Highlander's Touch
Kiss of the highlander
The Dark Highlander
The Immortal Highlander
Spell of the Highlander

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.