Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Perfect by Judith McNaught
Paradise by Judith McNaught
It's Like Netflix...for books.
The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning
The Bride by Julie Garwood.
Do Authors Sell Out?
Hero of the Week: Cian MacKeltar
Crazy Kisses by Tara Janzen
Into the Night by Suzanne Brockmann
More Author News and a Congrats!

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Monday, May 22, 2006

My Sunshine by Catherine Anderson

***Please Note: I moved this weekend so I'm hecka tired. If my review doesn't make any sense, you can blame it on that. If my review is amazing, however, it's because I'm the most amazing woman EVAH. hehehe***

Five years ago, Laura Townsend's life was nearly destroyed when a head injury impaired her ability to use language and forced her to abandon a brilliant career. Her vivacious spirit intact, she has found a great new job at an animal clinic-and a handsome new boss who fills her heart with longing. Now he's moving heaven and earth to convince her they belong together, but since she can't fulfill all of his needs, shouldn't she love him enough to walk away?

I thought this was a pretty interesting read. Laura's brain damage isn't enough that it impairs her thinking, only her fine motor skills. She can't read as well as she used to and she can't pronounce large words. Catherine Anderson is pretty great (most of the time) at bringing us into the world of the disabled or challenged. I couldn't imagine being an Environmental Researcher person (dude, I totally blanked out right there...crazy! LOL) to being a kennel cleaner at a vet's office and knowing that was all the farther you could go.

Though I did think Laura's attitude was great. I would like to think I'm the type of person that if life threw me a curve, I'd accept it and move on. That's what Laura did. Instead of bemoaning the fact that her life had changed, she stood tall and did what she could do. And what she could do was amazing, considering the extent of her injuries.

Anyway, I think Isaiah was a great hero for her. He was kind and compassionate and he truly did love her. Though I do have to say that I'm getting a little sick of the SUPER SWEET heroes. They basically just bend over backwards for their heroines while getting dumped on the entire time. Ok, maybe not the entire time, but I think I like my heroes to be a little more....testosterone laden. I mean, come on. If a girl runs away from you for the THIRD time, do you still spend $8 billion to remodel your entire RANCH to fit her needs? I think not. Still, you have to admire them for realizing they're in love and going after what they want. I think I'm on the fence at the moment. I'll let you know.

Anyway, this one didn't irritate me like the last one did, so I'd recommend it. Thanks to Ames for telling me it was ok to read it. ;)

3.5 out of 5. Not a must read, but pretty good as a filler.

Labels: , ,

---------------------------------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Devon said...

Totally agree with this review.

February 14, 2007 at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.