Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas
Holly and Isabel's Take on Lover Awakened by J.R. ...
Come Lie With Me by Linda Howard
The Winner of Dream Man by Kelley Vitollo
Series And Their Covers
Don't Say A Word by Barbara Freethy
This is Chick Lit edited by Lauren Baratz- Logsted
SF Contest: Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
Author Interview: Kelley Vitollo
New, Contests and Reviews

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Unleash The Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon




Hero: Wren Tigarian
Heroine: Marguerite D'Aubert Goudeau
Grade: A-
Date: 01/01/06
It's a predator eat predator world for the Were-Hunters. Danger haunts any given day. There is no one to trust. No one to love. Not if they want to live…

An orphan with no clan that will claim him, Wren Tigarian grew to adulthood under the close scrutiny and mistrust of those around him. A forbidden blend of two animals—snow leopard and white tiger—Wren has never listened to anyone when there was something he wanted. Now he wants Marguerite.

Marguerite D'Aubert Goudeau is the daughter of a prominent U.S. Senator who hates the socialite life she's forced to live. Like her mother before her, she has strong Cajun roots that her father doesn't understand. Still, she has no choice but to try and conform to a world where she feels like an outsider. But the world of rich and powerful humans is never to meet the world of the Were-Hunters who exist side by side with them, unseen, unknown, undetected. To break this law is to call down a wrath of the highest order.

In order to have Marguerite, Wren must fight not just the humans who will never accept his animal nature, but the Were-Hunters who want him dead for endangering their world. It's a race against time and magic without boundary that could cost Marguerite and Wren not just their lives, but their very souls…
Dylan says:

This book was such a great book to read after our long wait. I think SK did a wonderful job of showing us the man behind the dreads from the previous books. What I loved most about this book was that they didn't forget about Nick, Nick had befriended both of them and it was good that they had that to share between them. I loved how we got to meet the mysterious and all mighty, Savitar. He's been mentioned a few times in the previous books and it was fantastic to finally meet him and see what he's all about, Wren and Maggie were definitely made for each other and I thought it was just pure magic seeing them come together.

I know that it was probably unrealistic for Maggie to be so "okay" with the idea that her boyfriend was a Tigard, but I'm sure she freaked out, we just didn't see it. It was great to see some of the DH's in there and to meet the newest one, Jean Luc. We learned a lot of things and I just loved every minute of it.

The whole Mama Lo thing grabbed me because I didn't really care for Mama Lo in the previous books, even when she was so good to Vane, I couldnt' care less about her, which is why I was so against Fang (my boo) getting with Aimee.

The action was high in this book and the love factor was great, I loved Wren and I loved Maggie and I loved them together, I would most definitely recommend this book to anyone, even though a few others were disappointed in this book, it totally worked for me and I know it will, you.

So go on, buy it, read it and love it....I know you will.

Grace says:

Since Dee has given you the run down on the story line, I've decided to just skip forward to the review part. Now I've had UTN by SK on my TBR list, ever since it was released last year but the waiting line at the library was forever long. But, luckily for me, (or unluckily, depends on how you look at it) my name came up about two weeks ago, just as my load at uni increased dramatically. So what was a girl to do, stuck between giving her studies her undivided committment to pass and wanting to savor every line about Wren Tigarian? I ditched the studies and gave Wren my undivided attention for a couple of hours straight..and boy, was it worth it!

I loved, loved, LOVED the way SK portrayed Wren in this book. He was so fierce and deadly and yet, so vulnerable at the same time. I loved how Maggie was able to get through his guarded defenses in such a short time and how she saw him in a different light - she saw the real Wren. Not the Wren people avoided and didn't talk to, or the Wren that people thought were crazy psycho. Even with her sheltered life, she went against the crowd, full knowing her domineering father would be furious if she spent any time with Wren. I thought that was awesome. Maggie earned some serious heroine points right there.

One of my favourite scenes in this one, is where Wren surprised the hell out of Maggie by dropping by her university after his little appearance fix up. Damn. I could totally imagine that scene, with Wren dripping in hotness. What made that scene even better was the way SK was able to portray Wren's vulnerability and uncertainty, when it came to Maggie. When he told her:

"I didn't want to embarrass you anymore,"

...I was a goner. I felt his insecurities leap off the page and I just wanted Maggie to show him that he was worthy, very worthy.

I was so glad that Maggie turned out to be a great heroine. Sure, she was sheltered and living a life she didn't really want, but in the end, she stood up for what she wanted. It was great watching Maggie find herself, and even sticking it to her dad in the end when the Senator was insulting the hell out of both Maggie and Wren. Oh, that scene was priceless!! LOVED IT. You'll have to read it, to see. :)

Also, I have to agree with Dylan. I had a hard time believing that Maggie was completely okay with the idea of Wren being a tiger. I know she had a couple of hours to adjust to the idea..but finding out her man was a tiger? That's something even the most unconventional might have more than a few hours worth of worry over, right? Oh, and I'm still mad at Mama Lo, I know she sorta made up for doing what she did to Wren..but I'm still mad. LOL.

Overall, I thought this one was a good read. I'm a bit wary of reading the next one since I've read a lot of reviews stating that the series is going down hill..but for now, I'm just happy this one turned out to be a goodie. A far better way to spend my time, compared to studying from a boring textbook. ;o)

4 / 5

Fantasy Lover
The Beginning (which you can find on the Dark Hunter site)
Night Pleasures
Night Embrace
Dance with the Devil
Kiss of the Night
Night Play
Sieze the Night
Sins of the Night
Unleash the Night
Dark Side of the Moon

Labels: , , , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.