Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Holly and Isabel's Take on Lover Awakened by J.R. ...
Come Lie With Me by Linda Howard
The Winner of Dream Man by Kelley Vitollo
Series And Their Covers
Don't Say A Word by Barbara Freethy
This is Chick Lit edited by Lauren Baratz- Logsted
SF Contest: Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
Author Interview: Kelley Vitollo
New, Contests and Reviews
Books That Must Die!

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Friday, September 15, 2006

It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas

Four young ladies enter London society with one necessary goal: they must use their feminine wit and wiles to find a husband. So they band together, and a daring husband-hunting scheme is born.
It Happened at the Ball...

Where beautiful but bold Lillian Bowman quickly learned that her independent American ways weren't entirely "the thing." And the most disapproving of all was insufferable, snobbish, and impossible Marcus, Lord Westcliff, London's most eligible aristocrat.

It Happened in the Garden…

When Marcus shockingly -- and dangerously–swept her into his arms. Lillian was overcome with a consuming passion for a man she didn't even like. Time stood still; it was as if no one else existed…thank goodness they weren't caught very nearly in the act!

It Happened One Autumn...

Marcus was a man in charge of his own emotions, a bedrock of stability. But with Lillian, every touch was exquisite torture, every kiss an enticement for more. Yet how could he consider taking a woman so blatantly unsuitable…as his bride?


The Plot: Lillian's mother wants her to marry a man of title. When Lillian and Marcus meet, its hate at first sight for these two. So of course we know these two will end up together.

What I Liked: Lillian and Daisy playing rounders with the staff. Marcus catching them and then teaching Lillian to improve her swing.

Marcus making up an excuse for Lillian to leave to the dinner table so she doesn't puke at the sight of calf head.

Lillian getting foxed and her finger stuck in the bottle because she wants the pear. I love how she declares "I want it."

How Marcus went crazy at smelling her perfume and how the wallflowers all experimented with it.

What I didn't like: The countess. Oh she was a bitch. Hated her.

I did like the book, but I enjoyed reading the first book much more.

Grade: B-

Dylan's Take:

Hero: Lord Marcus Marsden, Earl of Westcliff
Heroine: Miss Lillian Bowman
Grade: B-

This book was good.

I really enjoyed the entire story, going into this book though I didn't expect to like it, because I wasn't wild about Lillian in Annabelle's story, because gosh this woman was so damn loud and "I know everything, it's my way or the highway" type of girl, I didn't think I'd like her. I should've known better though, because Lisa Kleypas certainly delivered with this story.

I loved the sparks between her and Marcus, I loved the whole "it's the perfume" that's why he's wildly attracted to me. I loved how Marcus knew what the secret ingredient was and how he turned out to be right. I just liked the whole damn book, it was fantabulous!

I even enjoyed the whole, Sebastian stealing her away from Marcus, leaving Marcus to come and save the day! Was I mad at Sebastian for doing it? No...did I hate him? No...but that's probably because I knew he was the hero in the next book and was giving him the benefit of the doubt...I just really enjoyed all of the coming together of Marcus and Lillian, I loved the secondary characters as well, especially Mr. Simon Hunt and his wife, Annabelle. They were the bomb in this story just as they were in their story.

Besides, the old cow that is Marcus' Mom, I hated that Annabelle referred to her husband, as Mr. Hunt and not Simon. It bothered me, don't know why but it did...hello, you're amongst friends, your best friends at that, there's no need for you to be so formal when talking about your husband, GOSH!

Aside from that, I really enjoyed the story and the way the whole story ended, leading into Evie's story, I LOVE IT!!!! It made me start the next book right away. Just effing loved this whole book. Daisy is STILL my favorite though, but I'm not so mad at Lillian for being such a big brute about everything, she's cool for the moment...haha.

Great book! FANTASTIC series!

This book is second in a series. The first being:

Secrets of a Summer Night

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.