Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

The Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
Changes! Coming soon to a blog near you!
Guess What I Got?
A Woman of Virtue by Liz Carlyle
The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
My Current TBR Pile
It Had To Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Hero of the Week: Ben Lewis.
Competition.
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Friday, June 2, 2006

No True Gentleman by Liz Carlyle

In this powerful and passionate novel from Liz Carlyle, one of romance fiction's brightest new stars, a high-society murder brings scandal to the lords and ladies of the ton — and unexpected desire to a pair of unlikely lovers.

No True Gentleman

Lady Catherine Wodeway knows that no true gentleman would presume to kiss a lady senseless without a proper introduction — not even to save her life. yet somehow, Maximilian de Rohan's dark good looks, brooding manner, and mysterious past make it all too easy for Catherine to forget that she's a lady.

Although Max is stunned by Catherine's beauty, honesty, and charm, he knows that getting mixed up with a noblewoman can end badly, especially when her brother is a murder suspect. But when Catherine stumbles onto the key to Max's murder investigation and unwittingly places herself in the killer's hands he will risk everything to pull her out of danger and into the arms of love.


This is my second by Liz Carlyle and the sequel to A Woman of Virtue. As far as I know, there aren't any books following this one, but I could be mistaken (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

I enjoyed it, but as with AWoV, it kind of slowed down in the middle. Not enough to lose, me, but I did find myself rather impatient to see it move along.

I enjoyed Lady Caroline. She was quick-witted and very sweet and strongwilled enough to go toe to toe with the enigmatic Max.

For Max's part, he's been burned by a woman of society already, and isn't willing to take the chance on another one. He fights temptation at every turn, but eventually realizes it's fruitless.

I like that once Lady Caroline decided on a course of action that she stuck with it, and I enjoyed seeing the characters from AWoV again.

Overall it was good, but a little slow moving. I'd still recommend it, however, and I look forward to reading more by LC in the future.

3.5 out of 5

Labels: , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.