Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

She, Myself and I by Whitney Gaskell
Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward
The Real Deal by Lucy Monroe
Dark Lover by J.R. Ward
See Jane Date by Melissa Senate
And Then He Kissed Me by Patti Berg
Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Heartbreaker by Linda Howard
Born to be Wild by Patti Berg
Phantom Waltz by Catherine Anderson

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Saturday, March 25, 2006

She's Got the Look by Leslie Kelley

Finding true love can be murder...

Newly divorced and back in her hometown, Melody Tanner is ready to change her life for the better. Her girlfriends think it’s the perfect time to revisit the lists they came up with a joke at her bachelorette party--a list of five men they could sleep with no matter what.
But when Melody looks at her list, she discovers two of the men are already dead. Worse, the homicide detective she contacts just happens to be her #1, former Marine Nick Walker!

But when Melody looks at her list, she discovers two of the men are already dead. Worse, the homicide detective she contacts just happens to be her #1, former Marine Nick Walker!

Nick isn’t taking the coincidental deaths too seriously, until the other two men on the list die suspiciously. Melody thinks the only way to keep Nick alive is to let him go. But Nick’s willing to take the risk. Besides, if he does have to check out, there’s no place he’d rather do it than in Melody’s arms...


This was my first Leslie Kelly and I have to say...if her other books are as good as this one, she's just been added to my auto-buy list.

After an extremely bad marriage and humilliating divorce (she got caught spray painting her dentist ex-hubby's billboard when she found out he'd cheated), Melody returns to her Georgia hometown to try and put her life back together.

Six years before, she and her three best friends had written out their Men Most Wanted Lists the night before her wedding, and low and behold, Melody runs into her number one fantasy man, Nick Walker.

Sparks fly and Nick does his best to convince Melody that a roll in the hay is just what they need. Melody isn't so sure she can handle a casual affair with the Oh-So-Sexy former Marine turned Cop, but Nick does his best to persuade her. And his techniques are the stuff romance novels are made of.

There isn't anything I love better than a hero named Nick. I have no idea why this is (well, ok, I do know, but that's for me to know and you to wonder about, right?), but there you have it. As soon as I saw that the hero of this book was named Nick, I got so excited I nearly swooned.

And let me tell you, he totally lived up to my expectations. He did his name proud.

The entire story was fresh, funny and sweet.

I loved watching Melody find herself after her awful marriage (jeez, this just must be my month for heroines that remind me of myself and my own past). It was great watching her come into her own.

I asbolutely adored her friends, too. They reminded me so much of my own friendship with the other ladies from this blog. Some of the things they did were hillarious, and watching Rosemary manipulate Melody and Nick so they'd be together reminded me so much of Grace, Dylan and Isabel.

The sub-plot between Rosemary and Nick's partner was great, too. Rosemary is a spoiled rotten rich girl and he's just a cop from a long line of cops. I liked reading about their differences and her family's reaction to them being together.

Of course, me being me, I read this book not realizing there was one before it, but I was lucky enough to have it sitting on my TBR shelf, so I'll be picking that one up next. It's the story of Nick's brother and I can't wait to see how the story plays out.

The series?

She Drives Me Crazy
She's Got The Look

I really hope she plans on writing Paige and Tanya's books. (Rosemary got hers as a subplot in this one).

4.5 out of 5

Labels: , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.