Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

See Jane Date by Melissa Senate
And Then He Kissed Me by Patti Berg
Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Heartbreaker by Linda Howard
Born to be Wild by Patti Berg
Phantom Waltz by Catherine Anderson
Duncan's Bride by Linda Howard
Have You Seen This Book?
All's Fair in Love and War: Athena's Tale by Alici...
Lady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

J. R. Ward makes an exceptionally polished debut in this intense paranormal romance, the first of three books about the Black Dagger Brotherhood. This band of highly trained vampire warriors has been targeted for extinction by the Lessening Society. When one of the band, Darius, is slain, he asks the leader, Wrath, to protect his half-breed daughter, Beth Randall. She is unaware of her father or her heritage -- or the fact that she is about to transition into the world of the undead. Wrath's tutorial about Beth's new world quickly turns into an extreme sensual relationship. Fans of Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, and others will appreciate Ward's creation of a new vampire universe and delight in the strong relationship between Wrath and Beth. A glossary introduces the reader to the structure and history of this new world

Holly said:
I heard about this book back in September when it was first released. I checked out the synopsis. I picked up the book countless times and flipped through it. Every single time I checked it out, though, I turned my nose up at it and walked away.

Why, you ask. Several reasons.

1) A person I don't care for very much raved about it and that turned me off of it. You know how it is, you're loathe to try something because a person you detest says it's the best thing since sliced bread. Oh, you don't. Well, I guess it's just me, then.

2) Judging the book by it's back cover, I figured it would be similar to - if not exactly like - Sherilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter Series and I wasn't too keen on trying to muddle my way through a bad knock-off.

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to J.R Ward. I bow down to your greatness. I stand in awe of you. You Rock.

Basically, the story was fresh and kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved the heroine, Beth, which - as you all know - never happens to me. I loved Wrath, the hero. He was....THUD!

I loved the entire concept of the Brotherhood...and it's members.

A definite must read. Really.

5 out of 5

Isabel Said:

I love a good vampire story. Holly made me order these books. I was going to wait and read them later, but nooooooooooooooo, she made me read them NOW. lol.

Kind of slow in the beginning, but it picked up. I loved the story. I find this easier to follow and understand than Sherrilyn Kenyon's series. I love the SK books, but sometimes I get confused.

The mating ceremony. I don't know if I could watch Joey getting my name carved onto his back. I thought it was touching though. I loved the butler. Thought he was so cute. Butch and Marissa had a very cute story. I hope we hear more about them.

I'm curious to know how Wrath is going to rebuild the kingdom. I'm also curious to Darius's reincarnation. Who or what will he return as? I'm interested is Zsadist. The souless one with the voice of an angel. Interesting.

Good read. Love forward to the next book.
Grade: B
PS: Holly, who recommended the books to you?

Dylan's Review:

Hero: Wrath
Heroine: Beth Randall
Grade: A
Date: 3/20/06

Okay this book gets my dog pound stamp of approval. This book was all kinds of the bomb. From Wrath and his sexy ass to the brothers and all of their collective sexy asses and Butch. Damn. I loved it all. Lots of stud worthy males in this series and I'm anxious for the series to continue. It had everything, I was mighty curious to find out what was the big deal about a bunch of vampires, because seriously...Holly's been on my ass to start this series like last month. But I'm so glad that I finally read this because I was pleasantly surprised at how much I friggin loved this book.

Wrath was a great hero. He was everything women dream of and everything they're scared of....he was a great mix of good and bad and I just absolutely loved him. I think a little more than Ash (oh gosh the horror)...after I read this story, I was thrown back to when I was reading the Dark Hunter books, because I was antsy to read book after book, I was hungry for more and I think it's a bit more severe with this series, but shhh, don't tell anyone...because I feel like a traitor. LOL.

But if you liked the DH's, then you'll like the Black Dagger Brotherhood...it's really off the chains, these books.

The mating ceremony was something else, I didn't think I'd be able to read stuff like that (because seriously...I don't do blood) but none of that stuff bothered me in this book, I was cool with it all (and trust me, there's lots of blood), this book was just all that and a bag of chips, so sit back and chill with that bag of chips and read this book, you'll thank me later, I promise. ;)

I'm very intrigued by Rhage and his curse...I'm so glad that I don't have to wait very long (just a few hours) for his book, because I'm all kinds of excited to read that mug.

Word.

Labels: , , , , , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.