Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Spin Cycle by Sue Margolis
Loving the Highlander by Janet Chapman
Girls Night by Stef Ann Holm
Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas
Charming the Highlander by Janet Chapman
Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon
It Must Be Love by Rachel Gibson
An Invitation to Sin by Suzanne Enoch
Engaging Men by Lynda Curnyn
Truly, Madly, Yours by Rachel Gibson

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Dance with the Devil by Sherrilyn Kenyon


Hero: Zarek of Moesia
Heroine: Astrid
Grade: A++
Date: 1/24/06

Zarek's Point of View:

Dark-Hunter: A soulless guardian who stands between mankind and those who would see mankind destroyed. Yeah, right. The only part of that Code of Honor I got was eternity and solitude.

Insanity: A condition many say I suffer from after being alone for so long. But I don't suffer from my insanity-I enjoy every minute of it.

Trust: I can't trust anyone...not even myself. The only thing I trust in is my ability to do the wrong thing in any situation and to hurt anyonewho gets in my way.

Truth: I endured a lifetime as a Roman slave, and 900 years as an exiled Dark-Hunter. Now I'm tired of enduring. I want the truth about what happened the night I was exiled-I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Astrid (Greek, meaning star): An exceptional woman who can see straight to the truth. Brave and strong, she is a point of light in the darkness. She touches me and I tremble. She smiles and my cold heart shatters.

Zarek: They say even the most damned man can be forgiven. I never believed that until the night Astrid opened her door to me and made this feral beast want to be human again. Made me want to love and be loved. But how can an ex-slave whose soul is owned by a Greek goddess ever dream of touching, let aloneholding, a fiery star?

This has got to be one of my best reads of 2005. My reread of it this year in 2006, by far it's still my favorite read. So much emotion, so much feeling, for the characters, for the things that happen to the characters and then a sense of wellbeing at the end of the book when the person you think deserves a bit of happiness gets it. I don't think I've cried as much in any other book as I did in this book.I loved Zarek from the moment I met him in Talon's book, but in his book, my love grew all the more and his tortured sould called out to mine. (LOL) Because man, I don't think I've read another hero that I love as much as I love Zarek, except of course Sam Starrett.

But this story was action packed, heart breaking and all ooey gooey good. The roller coaster is the bomb diggity and you seriously need to get out and read this series if you haven't yet, because you're going to love the heck out of it.

Reading Order:

Fantasy Lover
The Beginning (found on the site and in the back of Sins of the Night)
Dragonswan
Night Pleasures
Night Embrace
Phantom Lover (in the anthology Midnight Pleasures)
Dance with the Devil
A Dark-Hunter Christmas (found on the site and in the back of Dance with the Devil)Kiss of the Night
Night Play
Winter Born (in the anthology Stroke of Midnight)
Seize the Night
Sins of the Night
Unleash the Night
Dark Side of the Moon
The Dream-Hunter

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.