Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

It Must Be Love by Rachel Gibson
An Invitation to Sin by Suzanne Enoch
Engaging Men by Lynda Curnyn
Truly, Madly, Yours by Rachel Gibson
Another Man's Son by Katherine Stone
Pearl Moon by Katherine Stone
Dance to the Piper by Nora Roberts
The Last Honest Woman by Nora Roberts
Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Fatal Attraction: Aphrodite's Tale (The Goddesses ...

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon



Hero: Talon of the Morrigantes.
Heroine: Sunshine Runningwolf
Grade: B-
Date: 1/09/06

Dear Reader,

Life is great for me. I have my chicory coffee, my warm beignets, and my best friend on the cell phone. Once the sun goes down, I am the baddest thing prowling the night: I command the elements, and I know no fear. For centuries, I've protected the innocent and watched over the mankind, making sure they are safe in a world where nothing is ever certain. All I want in return is a hot babe in a red dress, who wants nothing more from me then one night.

Instead, I get a runaway Mardi Gras float that tries to turn me into roadkill and a beautiful woman who saves my life but can't remember where she put my pants. Flamboyant and extravagant, Sunshine Runningwolf should be the perfect woman for me. She wants nothing past tonight, no ties, no long-term commitments.

But every time I look at her, I start yearning for dreams that I buried centuries ago. With her unconventional ways and ability to baffle me, Sunshine is the one person I find myself needing. But for me to love her would mean her death. I am cursed never to know peace or happiness-not so long as my enemy waits in the night to destroy us both.

--Talon of the Morrigantes


Another great one by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

We met Talon in Kyrian's book and although this book is a bit different from Kyrian and Julian's book, it's still a winner in my book. Talon has different powers, different issues and boy does the man have the sexiest tatoo's on a body. This book had me laughing out loud so many times and it also made me fall in love with some Were Hunters....woo hoo! I also met my very favorite Dark Hunter in this book which I'll always be thankful for. hehe.

The book sends us on a powerful journey through New Orleans and really shows us the art of reincarnation. Very cool stuff, Sunshine and Talon were wonderful together and SK just really did a great job with their story. The Dark Hunter family is one of a kind and you see that in this book. The bond between Ash (the Head DH) and the Dark Hunters is friggin' top notch to read about and the humor in this book, along with the action makes for some really great hours of reading.

LOVE it.

Reading Order:

Fantasy Lover
The Beginning (found on the site and in the back of Sins of the Night)
Dragonswan
Night Pleasures
Night Embrace
Phantom Lover (in the anthology Midnight Pleasures)
Dance with the Devil
A Dark-Hunter Christmas (found on the site and in the back of Dance with the Devil)Kiss of the Night
Night Play
Winter Born (in the anthology Stroke of Midnight)
Seize the Night
Sins of the Night
Unleash the Night
Dark Side of the Moon
The Dream-Hunter

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.