Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Hero of the Week: Sam Starrett
The Daystar by Rene Lyons
Midnight Sun by Rene Lyons
Hero of the Week: Constantine Draegon
Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
Romance Care Package!
I'm In No Mood for Love by Rachel Gibson
Knight of Darkness by Kinley MacGregor
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Hero of the Week: Jordan Townsende

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Friday, December 8, 2006

The Lyons Lady by Julie Garwood

Hero: Lyon, Marquis of Lyonwood
Heroine: Christina Bennett
Category: Historical Romance
Grade: C

Christina Bennett had taken London society by storm. The ravishing beauty guarded the secret of her mysterious past until the night Lyon, Marquis of Lyonwood, stole a searching, sensuous kiss. An arrogant nobleman with a pirate's passions, he tasted the wild fire smoldering beneath Christina's cool charm and swore to posess her...

But the fiesty and defiant Christina would not be so easily conquered. Mistress of her heart and of her fortune, she resisted Lyon's sensuous caresses. She dared not surrender to his love...for then, she must also forsake her precious secret...and her promised destiny!


This book was just okay for me.

I thought it was funny in parts and I really dug Christina's quirky personality. I loved how the story begins with Christina as the only white child in the whole Indian community. I loved how loyal Christina's Mom and her brother were in keeping her and giving her the family that she needed when she lost her real family. I also loved seeing Christina's father slowly coming to love the little white girl and then when she's shipped to England and she meets Lyon and he's trying to keep her from eating the shrubs and all that, I think it's cute.

I think I really liked Christina more than I did Lyon though, because Christina was one tough ass heroine. The way she cornered Sybil in the library with Lyon ready to defend her, oh gosh, I was rollin'...Julie Garwood does a good job of finding the humor that goes with a romance to make it enjoyable as well as endearing.

I don't know what it was about Lyon that just didn't grab me the way that the other JG heroes have. He was fine, really he was...he was strong, hot and great in the sack and yet, I couldn't like him the same way I love, Connor, Alec, Gabriel, Royce and all of those others, but he was just okay to me.

Meh, sorry...

This book was really good, but it's not my favorite Julie Garwood, as good as it is, it just wasn't enough to sneak into my Top 5, or my Top 10...oh well, it's still a good read though.

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I loved this one when I read it years ago, but I recently reread a Garwood or two and didn't like them nearly so much the second time around. So I think with most of them, I won't do a reread. Rather I'll just fondly remember how much I loved them when I read them low these many years ago.

December 11, 2006 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

That's how it was with me too, Kristie...I picked this book up and started reading it thinking that this time around, I'll like it better and nope, it didn't work for me, but then again it was the only book I had around me, so I just read it...LOL.

December 12, 2006 at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.