Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

The Daystar by Rene Lyons
Midnight Sun by Rene Lyons
Hero of the Week: Constantine Draegon
Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
Romance Care Package!
I'm In No Mood for Love by Rachel Gibson
Knight of Darkness by Kinley MacGregor
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Hero of the Week: Jordan Townsende
Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Hero of the Week: Sam Starrett


Sam F**king Starrett


Crack!

The sound came from outside, from the port side of the plane, and Stan went to one of the windows to look out. "Ah Christ!"

Teri looked, too. The port wing had broken clear off. She could see Lieutenant Starrett on the ground, his face grim as he surveyed the damaage.

He looked up, directly at Stan. "Will you please f***ing go and f***ing get me a real f***ing World Airlines 747, Senior Chief? Right f***ing now?"

Stan looked at Teri. "Looks like I'm going to need a ride to the ariport."

"Don't you mean the f***king airport?" she asked, biting the inside of her cheek to keep from smiling.


*grin*

I love it! Sam and his cursing makes him a stud in my eyes! haha.

When we first meet Sam Starrett, he's one of those big time jerks that you just want to slap upside his head. He says rude and sexist things to get a rise out of Alyssa Locke, but the man has a heart of gold. He may be a goofball and a dork, but he gets the job done. Nothing is more important to him than his job. He's a big, bad Navy SEAL and it actually means something to him. We don't know why it means so much to him until we read his book, but when we first meet him and are getting to know him, we know that he means business when he's going over special training ops, shooting the bad guys and keeping us all toasty warm and safe here in the States.

What I liked most about Sam Starrett is the growth we see in his character in the six books that we saw him in. When we first meet him, he's this sexist womanizer who thinks that all women should be at home, keeping his house clean and making his dinner.

And then he fell like a rock for Dylan Alyssa Locke.

And Alyssa Locke isn't the kind of woman who'd stay home and make anyone's dinner or do their laundry, she's a tough as nails woman trying to make it in the Navy. And though Sam tried not to, he fell for her anyway.

Now, Sam isn't a very popular hero among people, but that's okay because I love him more than enough for 20 women. I can go on and on about why I love this man, but what I loved most about him was...

..Sam was real.

There have been plenty of times that I'll read a book and the Hero would be this perfect cookie cutter hero who does NO wrong and is just PERFECT....well Sam isn't like that and I loved that about him. We saw the way he reacted to things that happened to him, he made mistakes, he learned from his mistakes and he was a big time dick sometimes, but he was also very sweet. And all because...

...he was REAL.

He reacted the way a man would react and I just love that. He kept it real and did what he thought was right. When it turned out that he didn't do the right thing, he did what any normal guy would do, he stewed for a bit but then he woke up and he took action.

Among his other things, the man is good in bed. And I'm talking real good in bed.

...Oh, he liked the sound of that. He liked the way she was looking at the syrup, looking at him. His body was responding enthusiastically, even though it was still just a little too soon. But give him fifteen more minutes with Alyssa Locke and a bottle of chocolate syrup...Oh, baby, he'd be ready for anything.

She opened the top, squeezed some of the syrup onto one finger.

He took her hand, looked directly into her sea green eyes, and slowly licked her finger clean.

Alyssa shivered.

And Sam knew that no matter how much he'd loved chocolate in the past, from now on, it was going to hold an even more special place in his heart.


You see what I'm talking about? I cannot eat M&M's without thinking about Sam Starrett and every damn time that I drizzle chocolate syrup on my ice cream, you can bet the farm that that scene above pops right into my mind. And when I think of that scene, the following scene sticks out in my mind and I get a little faint hearted because gosh, Sam is the bomb!

"No comment, huh? You know, to this day, I can't eat chocolate without thinking about you, Lys." He shifted in the darkness, and she knew he was looking at her. "I can't taste it without tasting you."

I'm telling you, there's so much to love about this man but just so you guys can see for yourself some of my favorite Samisms..

"I love you," he whispered. "I want as much from you as you're willing to give. So if you have any desire at all to turn this thing-I don't know, what do you call it, this get trached and go slumming thing with me every six months?- into something more regular, I'm right here. I'm ready."

*sigh* Do you remember in Over the Edge when he told her how he felt about her? *sigh* I frickin' love this guy!

"That's...that's great." Sam nodded. "I'm really happy for you, Lys. I'm..." He put down his coffee, ran one hand down his face as he made a sound that might've been laughter. "I'm so fu@#$&* jealous I can hardly breathe."

Remember in Out of Control, how bad he wanted to be with her and how jealous he was of her relationship with Max Beghat? Poor Sam.

It's my body," she said quietly. "Shouldn't the choice be mine?"
"Yes. It should," he told her. "And it is. I'm not saying it's not. But it's also our baby, and ....I know you think I'm a jerk, but I really do want to have a family with you. I know it's way too early for me to tell you that, but it's true and I think you need to know it before you go taking some pill, just in case you were maybe thinking that it was something I didn't want. I just think it's fair-and important-for you to know how I feel."

Alyssa was quiet for a long time.

So Sam kept going. He'd completely jumped the gun anyway. Might as well go big. "I am going to marry you, Alyssa. And if not now, then someday we will have a baby together. I'm determined. You might want to start bracing yourself for the inevitability of that."


Remember when he finally just went for the whole enchilada and let her know what his intentions were, he'd been through Hell and back and so what the hell, this time around he was going for what HE wanted....YAY!

It was only then, as they were hustling the injured boy down the trail, that Roger dropped to his knees and threw up in the dirt.

Remember THAT? Awwww, I love it! haha...makes him real and solid because that's such a human thing to do and I don't think it's dumb or stupid, Holly...I think it's cute!

There are so many reasons why I chose Sam Starrett for this week's Hero of the Week and this post is just a tiny bit of that...Sam Starrett ROCKS MY SOCKS!

And some pictures of this sexy man...





Until next week...

Labels:

---------------------------------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Devon said...

I love Sam, for all of the reasons you mentioned. Sigh...

December 11, 2006 at 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.