Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Welcome to Tempation by Jennifer Crusie
Heartless by Kat Martin
The Fire Inside by Kat Martin
Isabel's 10 Reading Secrets...
Dylan's Spotlight: Sword of Darkness
The Nerd Who Loved Me by Vicki Lewis Thompson
Only With A Highlander by Janet Chapman
Wedding The Highlander by Janet Chapman
Leaving Normal by Stef Ann Holm
Island of Dreams by Katherine Stone

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught


ELIZABETH CAMERON
The Countess of Havenhurst possessed a rare gentleness and fierce courage to match her exquisite beauty. But her reputation is shattered when she is discovered in the arms of Ian Thornton, a notorious gambler and social outcast.

IAN THORNTON
A dangerously handsome man of secret wealth and mysterious lineage, his voyage to Elizabeth's heart is fraught with intrigue, scandal, and a venomous revenge.

Destined for each other, yet wary of each other's motives, Elizabeth and Ian engage in a dance of suspicion and passion that tests the very soul of their star-crossed love. As a twisting path of secrets takes them from London's drawing rooms to the mysterious Scottish Highlands, Elizabeth must learn the truth: is Ian merely a ruthless fortune hunter at heart?


Holly's Review

Our book club has recently been talking about Judith McNaught and it got me in the mood to do a re-read of one of my all time favorite books.

I love Ian and Elizabeth's story. Right from the very beginning all the way through the very end. I laughed. I cried. I got so pissed I wanted to chuck the book at the wall. And this was my 50th re-read (at least).

Ian is the perfect hero. A bit tortured, a lot alpha and just enough the jealous rake that my little heart soars and my tummy ties itself into knots.

Of course, as with all of her books, there's just a bit too much drama, but it doesn't change the fact that I love it.

If you're in the mood for an amazing historical, this is your book.

5 out of 5

Isabel's Review

So I finally finished Almost Heaven today. It only took me so long because I just couldn't find time to read. Very frustrating. Anyway~~~~

I loved seeing Alex and Jordan again. Usually books just mentions the characters or they have a short scene. Not this book. Very refreshing.

I liked how Elizabeth seemed real despite she was Countess. She wasn't naive as Alex was. I still felt bad for her when the scandal happened. Although, when the investigator told her news of her brother, my brain was yelling, "TALK TO THORNTON!" And when she ran off with Robert and sold her emeralds, I was about ready to throw the book. "TALK TO THORNTON!" my brain was screaming again. Although, Ian should've told her.

Once she saw the news of what was going on back home, she knew what she did was wrong and apologized. I don't blame Ian for wanting the divorce. But I loved how Elizabeth told him she was basically going to haunt him. Loved when he found her back at the cottage. Sigh...

Ian Thornton. I did love him. He did jump to conclusions about Elizabeth but I'm glad he realized his errors when he found out the truth about her. Loved the scene when they were walzting and she asked him if he ever wanted something so bad, he could almost touch it. Sigh...
But my favorite line was when Ian asked her to love him.

The only thing that got on my nerves were the misunderstandings. The notes, Robert missing, Ian finding out Elizabeth was betrothed, etc. One or two I can take, but after a while I'm like, stop messing with them!

I liked this book, but I liked Something Wonderful a little bit more. So I give it a B+.

Labels: , , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.