Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

The Wedding by Julie Garwood
Isabel's Grades
Someone To Watch Over Me by Lisa Kleypas
Love Underground: Persephone's Tale by Alicia Fields

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Sunday, January 8, 2006

Every Breath You Take by Judith McNaught


High atop a snow-covered hill, the stately old Wyatt mansion is perched like a crown, its stone spires pointing upward, its stained glass windows glowing like colorful jewels. Such opulence means success and, surely, happiness. But on the eve of wealthy philanthropist Cecil Wyatt’s eightieth birthday, all the money in the world won’t bring back his missing grandson, William Wyatt. The only thing for certain: Foul play was involved.

The family, the police, the media–all have tried in vain to discover the young man’s fate. Now suspicion has turned shockingly toward William’s own half-brother, the rather distant and enigmatic Mitchell Wyatt.

Kate Donovan never dreamed that a chance romantic encounter on a tropical island paradise would tag her as a suspect in a high-society murder case. But after Kate tangles with the darkly charismatic Mitchell Wyatt, she finds herself cast in a shadow of guilt and mistrust. As the Chicago police tighten their net, it will take all of Kate’s ingenuity to clear her name. With her calm, cool wit, and the help of a man who may or may not be a dangerous catch, Kate vows to claim the life and love she desires.


About two years ago, someone suggested I read Judith McNaught. I was told by said person that she was an amazing writer and I'd love every book she'd ever written. Being the resourceful person I am, I found an auction of her books on Ebay. It included all but Someone To Watch Over Me. I found that one in a used bookstore a week after I won the action on Ebay.

I caught the flu the day before my books arrived and ended up home sick from work for a week. Luckily, I had the JM's I'd ordered to keep me from going insane between boughts of vomitting.

I loved them. Every last book.

I loved them so much in fact, that I re-read every book as soon as I finished it and then numerous times over the last 2 years.

Unfortunately, the more I read them, and other romance novels, the more irritated I became with them. Partly because I found several flaws with the heroes and heroines and partly, I think, because she hadn't released another book in all that time.

She'd had this book, EBYT, scheduled to be released several times last year and it never had been. Every time it was pushed back, I got a little more angry. And it finally got to the point where I'd decided I wasn't going to buy it at all when (or if) it finally was released.

Let me just take a moment now to say: Judith, I'm so very sorry I doubted you!

Unlike Night Whispers and Someone To Watch Over Me, Every Breath You Take is a throw back to some of her earlier works. The storyline is a good one, the hero is sexy as hell and tortured enough that my heart went out to him. The heroine is smart, witty and lovely.

There were several times when I laughed out loud, cried, or gasped in dismay. I sighed dreamily. I cursed the characters. I was tempted to throw the book, and to hug it to my chest. All in all, it was an amazing read.

Some of my favorite quotes:

Walking up behind her, he slid his arms around her and drew her back against his chest. "Let's get complicated, Kate," he said with a smile in his voice.


"Put your arms around me and wrap us up in magic. I can't do it without you."


His hand curved around her nape, his thumb forcing her chin up, and he looked at her with tender solemnity. "We lay in bed and watched the sun come up though we could hardly hold our eyes open, because neither of us wanted to miss out on a minute of being together."
Lowering his head, he touched his mouth to the corner of hers. "I missed you so much, for so long," he whispered. "I missed our magic."
Kate was lost.



There are a ton more, but I'll let you buy it and read them for yourself.

Really, you should do yourself a favor and read this. You won't be disappointed!

Labels: , ,

---------------------------------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

Ok, so this review is a year old, but I just got this title for Christmas, and I wanted to check out what you had to say about it.

I'm going to start it today!

December 26, 2006 at 6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this?

July 4, 2010 at 3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.