Hero of the Month

Edward Cullen from SM's Twilight

Hero of the Week Archive
Hero of the Month Archive

Our Favorite Authors

Author Blogs That Rock

Our Personal Blogs

Random Books from our Library:

Rowena Is Reading:

Isabel is Reading:

Holly is Reading:

Grace is Reading:

Jazz is Reading:

Daphne is Reading:

Recent Posts

Something Wonderful by Judith McNaught
He Loves Lucy by Susan Donovan
Sex, Lies and Online Dating by Rachel Gibson
Midnight and Memory in Death by J.D. Robb
Secrets of a Perfect Night, an Anthology
The Playboy's Seduction by Lucy Monroe
Pink Moon by Stef Ann Holm
Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
The Trouble With Valentine's Day by Rachel Gibson
True Confessions by Rachel Gibson

Old Stuff

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
December 2008

Links

Google
All About Romance

Wanna Buy A Good Book?

Barnes and Nobles
Borders
Amazon
Half
E Bay

Email Us:
Got a question you want to ask us? Email us at:
sfinest@gmail.com

Credits:

Visitors

Who links to us?

Sunday, February 5, 2006

Take A Chance on Me by Susan Donovan




They've Got Nothing In Common...

For animal behaviorist Emma Jenkins, romance has been at the bottom of her daily "to do" list since making it through a messy divorce. But everything changes the day six-feet-of-gorgeous Thomas Tobin walks into her office with a quivering Chinese Crested named Hairy, a canine that looks more like an underfed rodent than a dog. Sure Thomas is sending her mixed signals-but that charming smile just sent Emma's dormant sex drive through the roof...

But Animal Attraction-

Thomas isn't looking for a fling. In fact, he wants nothing to do with women. He just wants to know if Hairy witnessed his owner's murder. But something tells him that asking Emma to help him with the case will spell nothing but trouble-trouble in the form of serious temptation.

And the Willingness To Take A Chance On Love

Thomas knows that relying on Emma's expertise-and her soft touch with a weird dog that has somehow become his-may be a crazy way to track a killer. Especially when Emma's down-home warmth makes him want to believe that anything is possible-even true love.


My first Susan Donovan, on the recommendation of one of my dearest friends - and my favorite book pimp - was He Loves Lucy. I absolutely ADORE that book. I loved reading about Lucy's struggle to lose weight, my heart hurt for her when she as forced to put herself on display for the entire world to see. My pulse raced when she lusted after her OH-SO-HOT instructor, Theo. All in all, it was a fabulous book.

Then I read Public Displays of Affection. Which was...WONDERFUL. I loved the hero. I love the heroine. Basically, I loved everything about the entire book.

And Susan Donovan became and automatic buy for me.

Then I started reading Knock Me Off My Feet. Ugh. I was just not captured. I still haven't finished it. So I was a little leary about trying anything else by her. But Take a Chance on Me was sitting on my shelf and I was in the mood, so I picked it up.

We meet Thomas Tobin, hardass undercover-like cop, Rugby player, all around jaded, cynical, I've-Seen-the-worst-and-want-none-of-it type. And he's at the Vet's office with a little hairless dog. That shakes a lot. And yelps and whines. And pees all over the place.

Yeah, not exactly what I had in mind, either. I mean, could there possibly be a more mismatched pair? And it gets better...the little dog - the hairless wonder? - has to wear maxi-pads while potty training, and sweaters to keep warm and...well the list goes on.

So I'm looking at the back of this book and thinking..."Yeah, not really my thing" but decide to try it anyway. I'm sure it'll be a disaster and I'll have to set it aside like I did KMOFMF, but whatever, I might as well say I tried, right?

Oh.My.Gosh

I couldn't have been more wrong. I loved this book. I abso-freaking-lutely loved it! I loved the Vet, Emma, her young charge, LeeLee, her pops, Becks, and most of all, I loved Thomas and Hairy (that would be the dog).

I laughed out loud. I cried a little. I was a bit shocked (in a good way..hehe). I can't say enough good about it!

An absolute MUST read! Like...yesterday.

5 out of 5

Labels: , ,

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All graphics made by Mailyn of ImaginaryOrigin.Blogspot.com unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy any of my designs.